Backyard Buddy 4 post lift recommendations?

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Cross-posted on other auto forums, some which have significant crossover viewership...sorry for any inconvenience.

With Coronavirus canceling schools, my wife and I decided to start our summer early and basically move into our lake house. During previous summers, we only weekended at our lake house, but with no school, no kids sports, and life, more or less, on hold, we are moving to the lake for the summer. Here’s my dilemma, I don’t want to be away from my cars, and so I intend to bring them with me. At the lake, I have two separate two-car garages. Only two spaces are available to me (long story). So my plan is to double my parking capacity with two 4 post lifts. I am zeroing in on this lift by Backyard Buddy / Steel Valley Lifts:

https://steelvalleylifts.com/product/7000-collector-workforce-lift/

It’s not the actual “Backyard Buddy” lift, but a version that is wider, taller, and longer. I am targeting this lift for no other reason than I do not wish to have a Chinese sourced lift. It’s too soon. Much too soon to even consider going that direction. So I will spend more money (looks like much more) to source American steel.

Anyone have any experiences with this lift manufacturer that they care to discuss? My garage is 25x22 with 11.5’ ceilings. I am going to retrofit with side mounted garage door openers along with raising the rails to snug closely to the ceiling.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Have used this company for about 20 years. 6 lifts, one of them just purchased several months ago. Got the 7000 collector service lift. Have never had an issue or repair that needed to be done. They don't need to be anchored down and they have some slick castors you can buy if you need to move the lift.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There is a long thread here on lifts. Search can be your friend.

Reactions: Cadster

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
There is a long thread here on lifts. Search can be your friend.

I did. Most were about a decade old or even older, only a handful more recent. I was hoping for some contemporary accounts. Mainly, I know the ownership turned over in the last couple years, so every post on the forum has to do with the former company, and not the current one.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Revolution 9000lb by Rotary. Which is a division of Dover.
No affiliation
Great lifts. I have one. My buddy has one.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I would dump my Chinese lifts in a minute and spend more on American steel at this point. I made poor decisions several years ago.
Ajb (andy)

Rstomp

GT Owner
Nov 30, 2019
Naples, FL
Just had Backyard Buddy 7000 installed. High quality. Made in USA.

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017

Awesome. Did you get all black? I am about to punch an order for two. Not as wide as I would like. You have any concerns pulling cars in underneath?

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Does anyone have a list of American made car lifts? When looking at the BendPak site I couldn't determine where their lifts were built. I know they were American made at one point but my understanding is that they have gone off shore. I may be wrong.

QSS

JoeZ

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2014
Does anyone have a list of American made car lifts? When looking at the BendPak site I couldn't determine where their lifts were built. I know they were American made at one point but my understanding is that they have gone off shore. I may be wrong.

QSS

I have one and the quality is amazing. Price is not as competitive as other brands unfortunately.

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017

QSS

Pretty sure Bendpack is made in China. I have found another US made lift company, Nussbaum. German company, with a US factory in my hometown of Charlotte. Someone else recommended them to me on a different forum. Might be more than I need. 15000lbs is the lowest capacity 4-post. Probably pretty amazing lifts. I am going to reach out to them on Monday.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Bendpack is made in China. A decade ago I paid triple the price of a Chinese lift to buy one of the last remaining American made Rotary Revolution lifts. 3 years ago there weren't any American Rotary home lifts and I bought the Rotary Chinese replacement. I wouldn't buy one today. Backyard Buddy is one of the last American holdouts and I've heard nothing but positive comments about their lifts. That is what I would buy today.

Chip

Last edited:
Reactions: Voda and Cadster

Rstomp

GT Owner
Nov 30, 2019
Naples, FL
Awesome. Did you get all black? I am about to punch an order for two. Not as wide as I would like. You have any concerns pulling cars in underneath?
I got the gray color, matches my RaceDeck flooring. No concerns on pulling cars underneath. You can order drip pans that will catch AC condensation from the lifted car. Photo attached of lift and cars on and below lift

Attachments

• IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 35

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I have 2 Rotarys. They have been great.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Which 7000? I’m looking to buy one, but not sure which model to get. All will work for what I need.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
I opted for a 9000, In the event I want to work of the F350 I have a lift that will handle all.

I also bought the 6000 sliding jack.

I make apart of my liivng private label mfg and sourcing from China. If done properly, there is nothing wrong. The KEY factor is buying from a reputable company here in the USA with good reviews and customer service.

Check these guys out:

Sliding Jack can be found on this site Model is
RJ-6000

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I have 2 commercial Rotary lifts. Made in USA.

The only thing from Communist China made to last is the virus.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbk

Mpinelli24

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2017
Chicago

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
The only thing from Communist China made to last is the virus.

LOL My private label MFG sourcing from China has lasted since 1996.... and hopefully there is no end in site... Yes we have seen the currency devalued 20plu percent and tarrifs surge to 25% on goods but we still deliver competitive quality products month after month....

What can we source for you all?
Prices quoted are landed cost to your door!

Doug