Cant wait for the new GT500

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Stuck in the back seat?

Also a video where I make a quick cameo (and a reference to the Ford GT...)

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
(y)The event was pretty well done. I was amazed at how nimble the GT500 was, and how this car seems to defy physics. First thing we thought of was Doug and Dana when we saw the Iconic Silver.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
What has the NFGT achieved stock in the 1/4 mile?

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Brooks did a 10.8 @ 131 mph.

What has the NFGT achieved stock in the 1/4 mile?

Reactions: Ed Sims and FGT899

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That Iconic silver looks fantastic.

I would have to wrap the blacked out bumper to match the body color.

Reactions: Iconic GT and BAT

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Stuck in the back seat?
I was at that moment. All those exterior/drone shots of the red/white car in the mountains was me driving. Same with the burnout shots by the road. The track drive was great. Drag strip less so (but my sense of straight line speed has been warped since getting the Demon).

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Amazing how much cars have grown over the years. A fox is TINY compared to an S550 allowing the back seat to even be remotely relevant.

Yes, the Demon may have corrupted your senses.

I was at that moment. All those exterior/drone shots of the red/white car in the mountains was me driving. Same with the burnout shots by the road. The track drive was great. Drag strip less so (but my sense of straight line speed has been warped since getting the Demon).

Reactions: ENZO BTR

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
super sweet Apollo (terry and Monica) were sending me pics from Vegas all week of the ICONIC SILVER. Ours should be here by Christmas....

Silver Bells!
I feel a little used & dirty...I thought I was the only one Apollo was sending pix & impressions to. 😁

Reactions: Ed Sims and Apollo

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thanks for posting Karl, great to see some real press time in the cars to get feedback on the new Ford monster.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Underside of the GT500

20191105_092138.jpg

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Slightly modified GT500 puts down a 9.7 sec 1/4 mile. See link below.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I still can not believe how well this car has been received / reviewed. Waaay better than the NGT!!

Obviously its pretty good!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
That 9.7 is a quick. My buddy ran the silver no stripe car a week ago for 9.808 at 141mph.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This SHELBY is being displayed at the Houston Auto Shoe and very few people know what it is! The Ford GT is the hit of the display! Check the guy standing behind it? Looks real! Justin Verlander!8FE311B0-06FA-40ED-A5ED-2CED56A98316.jpeg

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I think I’ll wait untill the end of the summer,...but...
I’d be interested in ordering one if I can get Ford to paint it a non conforming color.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
I think I’ll wait untill the end of the summer,...but...
I’d be interested in ordering one if I can get Ford to paint it a non conforming color.

Might cost ya a million.......... that's what the first and last 2020 GT 500 cost!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Good luck with that one.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Good luck with that one.
You think anyone can help?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Nope. Flat Rock is not equipped for custom paint of any kind. The VIN 001 was an obvious exception. I think I read Penske painted it (Im assuming that was at the former SSV facility where our GT's were half assembled / painted). So that means all the parts have to be pulled, taken to Troy, then re meshed into the Flat Rock assembly line. Im sure Ford wants zero to do with that.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
That’s a shame. Thnx for the response.