06 Ford Gt adventure home

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
State Troopers don't think that's very funny using a plate from another car......ask me how I know....lol. Congrats on your purchase! You will never regret buying a Ford GT. Enjoy
I believe you. I did get a drive away permit from the Nevada DMV as I couldn't get a 30 day Temporary Operators Licence from the Nevada DMV. I bought the car back in April from from another state and had it shipped to Vegas were it sat for 5 months. The 30 day Temporary Licence that was issued in April, from that other state, had expired in May. I figured as long as I had my 15 day Temporary, my insurance, my title, my bill of sale and I was respectful in my driving, I would be deemed "ok" by any state trooper that pulled me over.

When the speed limit was 80 I drove 80. When the speed limit was 55 I drove 55 and I crawled along in the construction zones. My hands were at 2 and 10, I stayed in the right lane and I was being passed by mini vans and at least a couple of f'n KIA's.

I felt shame :cry: ........ I'm kidding, I was so proud.

This is the 4th car in a dozen years I've driven home. I drove my 68 GT500 vert home from Shelby, Montana, my 07 Shelby GT-H 5sp from Oklahoma City, my 93 Mustang 5.0 GT from Tacoma, Washington and now the FGT from Vegas. The alternative was trailer the car home or get it shipped and that sounded terrible. I live to drive my cars, other wise I wouldn't want them.

It was totally worth it....... even driving at the speed limit the whole way. The weather was beautiful, I had my dream car and best of all, my wife was next to me for the adventure.

Life is great.

QSS

Last edited:
Reactions: viva gt
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Folding chair???? Why not the lounger and TV?
I like your thinking.

I have something in the works along this line. It'll be about 1 1/2 years before it's ready but I'll come back and post when it's all done. It's gonna be cool.

QSS

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Great stories QSS. Welcome to the family.