Secondary market.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I vacillate on whether to expound on this topic or not. Bottom line: there's been a lot of drama around these cars regarding everything but the car itself, and once they start publicly trading hands, it's going to be difficult for a great many people to keep their compulsion to e-fight in check.
I actually don't think there will be much e-fighting over selling car prior to the 2 year commitment. I think most people who post in this thread will agree that it is morally wrong to break the deal with Ford and resell their car within that 2 year period.

I can't imagine that someone would actually come onto this forum and beat their chest about how it is ok to break that 2 year deal which they knowingly made with Ford. That would expose their true colors. I believe the people who purposely break their deal with Ford will quietly hide in the shadows while justifying their "morals" and then privately celebrate their cash windfall if they do sell prior to the 2 year commitment. Money comes and goes, your morals are far more significant than a few bucks.

I'd actually like to hear from someone who purposely breaks their 2 year deal with Ford and how they can justify it but I don't think it's gonna happen on this forum.

QSS

Reactions: Stef and digman1

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
If you don't drive the thing for 2 years let someone else have it.............:cool:

Reactions: Sinovac

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I actually don't think there will be much e-fighting over selling car prior to the 2 year commitment. I think most people who post in this thread will agree that it is morally wrong to break the deal with Ford and resell their car within that 2 year period.

I can't imagine that someone would actually come onto this forum and beat their chest about how it is ok to break that 2 year deal which they knowingly made with Ford. That would expose their true colors. I believe the people who purposely break their deal with Ford will quietly hide in the shadows while justifying their "morals" and then privately celebrate their cash windfall if they do sell prior to the 2 year commitment. Money comes and goes, your morals are far more significant than a few bucks.

I'd actually like to hear from someone who purposely breaks their 2 year deal with Ford and how they can justify it but I don't think it's gonna happen on this forum.

QSS

That's not what I'm talking about.

Certainly you are correct, there are members of this website that have broken the 2 year agreement and sold their car early; intelligence-insulting semantic distinctions about what constitutes a "sale" aside. They won't be posting about it. Or anything else.

There are two inherently opposed groups of people for whom value is a concern; one that wishes for the car to retain or increase in value (those that own it), and one that would be very, very happy for it to decline in value (primarily guys that didn't get one). This is not a recipe for productive or relevant discussion about an actual automobile. I'm leaving out people that just want a decent price for a car they can actually use.

Every time a car is listed or sold, there will be bickering about the allocation process. Trust me. A lot of these cars are gonna get sold, and a lot of pissing-matches will break out on what the cars are worth now and in the future, mostly colored by ulterior motives rather than facts.

As an aside, I tried to be moderately diplomatic, but the OP was very aggrieved to not get an allocation in Round 1. There is no logical way to read this thread other than qualified interest based on "what's it worth?" after getting it in Round 2. That's the kind of stuff that will invariably lead to what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
We will all know soon enough what these cars are “worth” on the open market. No need to speculate. As for my car, I’m devaluing it every chance I get.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
It is on loan.
oh ok that explains it

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
That's not what I'm talking about.

Certainly you are correct, there are members of this website that have broken the 2 year agreement and sold their car early; intelligence-insulting semantic distinctions about what constitutes a "sale" aside. They won't be posting about it. Or anything else.

There are two inherently opposed groups of people for whom value is a concern; one that wishes for the car to retain or increase in value (those that own it), and one that would be very, very happy for it to decline in value (primarily guys that didn't get one). This is not a recipe for productive or relevant discussion about an actual automobile. I'm leaving out people that just want a decent price for a car they can actually use.

Every time a car is listed or sold, there will be bickering about the allocation process. Trust me. A lot of these cars are gonna get sold, and a lot of pissing-matches will break out on what the cars are worth now and in the future, mostly colored by ulterior motives rather than facts.

As an aside, I tried to be moderately diplomatic, but the OP was very aggrieved to not get an allocation in Round 1. There is no logical way to read this thread other than qualified interest based on "what's it worth?" after getting it in Round 2. That's the kind of stuff that will invariably lead to what I'm talking about.
Gotcha, makes sense.

I'm one of the "Just want a decent price for a car they I can actually use" crowd. Obviously I'd like the prices to come off so I could jump in but hey, I paid way over original sticker on my 06 and I'm totally fine with that. I bought it to drive, not as an investment. I'll stick to real estate for my investments and my cars for fun. Makes owning and driving my cars way less stressful.

I'm sure I'll have NGT at some point in the future but I realize I might have to be patient to make that happen. It took me awhile to get my 06 but it happened. I knew it always would and so will a NGT.

QSS

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Gotcha, makes sense.

I'm one of the "Just want a decent price for a car they I can actually use" crowd. Obviously I'd like the prices to come off so I could jump in but hey, I paid way over original sticker on my 06 and I'm totally fine with that. I bought it to drive, not as an investment. I'll stick to real estate for my investments and my cars for fun. Makes owning and driving my cars way less stressful.

I'm sure I'll have NGT at some point in the future but I realize I might have to be patient to make that happen. It took me awhile to get my 06 but it happened. I knew it always would and so will a NGT.

QSS

Yeah, be patient. I think there will be enough of these cars trading hands to bring the price down to reasonable 6 figures.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
We will all know soon enough what these cars are “worth” on the open market. No need to speculate. As for my car, I’m devaluing it every chance I get.
I am with you ! My cars a devaluing every day! My new Carbon Series already has 4,500 miles! my 06 GT just hit 52,000 miles!
No one on there death bed ever wished they worked more ,saved more or enjoyed there hobby less!
I'm not saving my cars for the next guy!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I simply don't get the hostility towards people wanting to disccus the potential value of the NFGT.

I also have contemplated the relative “hostility” when one questions the monetary value. My conclusion is that many feel that the emotional “value” and brand or marque loyalty carry much more worth than monetary value.

Reactions: Stef and DakotaGT

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I suspect the reason why this subject is somewhat of a taboo is because a lot of people were denied an allocation. based on what criterion ford said they used to determine who was selected it seems that everyone of these "resellers" was perhaps less than honest when they applied for the car and had other motives than what ford really wanted for the recipients of these cars.

when someone who was denied sees others trying to take advantage of this situation and basically "wasting" an allocation purely for profit then it ruffles some feathers.... sadly this is rampant in our hobby at the moment and it has its negative effects

lets just say there are a lot of pseudo-car guys out there that are not really in it for the right reasons.

I certainly get annoyed when people try to "cheat" the system so to speak but I also realize not all systems are fair.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Like many of you here, I can appreciate what some of the other makes have produced through the years and also have to offer today. I also share the same sentiments regarding this issue, to me cars are not commodities to be bought and sold like real estate, rather they are rolling works of the art of engineering and performance. That being said....

I am a hard core blue oval guy, bleed Ford blue and getting an allocation
is/was as HUGE a deal you can get anywhere period!

Ford Motor Company put their trust in me and that my motivations were sincere to own something this important and special.

I mean come on, Ford Motor Company and its representatives went above and beyond, and then delivered a
FORD GT/ FORD GT-40 right to my front door step. This car is the decendent of the car that people like
Gurney, Foyt, Ickx and Miles drove in many glorious victories and of much historical significance.

I don't give a hoot how much they are worth now or will be in the future,
If using my GT is devaluing it, (bull***t)
I intend on doing just that.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I suspect the reason why this subject is somewhat of a taboo is because a lot of people were denied an allocation. based on what criterion ford said they used to determine who was selected it seems that everyone of these "resellers" was perhaps less than honest when they applied for the car and had other motives than what ford really wanted for the recipients of these cars.

when someone who was denied sees others trying to take advantage of this situation and basically "wasting" an allocation purely for profit then it ruffles some feathers.... sadly this is rampant in our hobby at the moment and it has its negative effects

lets just say there are a lot of pseudo-car guys out there that are not really in it for the right reasons.

I certainly get annoyed when people try to "cheat" the system so to speak but I also realize not all systems are fair.
Well stated Sorosh and Stef!
Couldn’t agree more with both of you.

Reactions: Stef

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I find this interesting. Same rhetoric as the ADM pricing on the 05/06 GT's. Exclusivty has it's price...and that price should stay between the buyer and the seller. Not too many, if any at all, purchasers of 05/06 GT's had any idea that their then new GT would be worth than new 13 or 14 years later. My 06 was bought purely to drive and enjoy. It seems that the NGT's were mainly bought 1) becasue the owners were selected by Ford and 2) they could afford it. And with the 05/06 GT's consistentcy of holding their value, there are profiteering and speculation pricing expectations for a much smaller production run.

I was discussing, with some GT friends, a "what if" on the new GT's. And that was "what if" Ford had a mandatory minimum number of 500 miles per month, in addtion to the 24 month sales moratorium in the purchase agreement. Basically it would be a "drive it or sell it" clause.

A small % of NGT's are driven often on the road and on the race track, but most seem to be driven selectively to and from car shows and public displays. My 2019 GT will be delivered today at noon. I hope I will like it as much as I like my 2006 GT. Which has 140,000 miles of trouble free driving. In the overall scope of things they are "just a car" that was designed and built to be driven.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Congrats on your new GT!! When I met you in Detroit a few years ago and learned how many miles you had on your GT then, I thought if anyone deserved a new GT it was you! Happy for you! Post some photos!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Congrats on your new GT!! When I met you in Detroit a few years ago and learned how many miles you had on your GT then, I thought if anyone deserved a new GT it was you! Happy for you! Post some photos!!!
Thanks Gene. Will post pic's later today. Jeff

Reactions: Copenhagen GT

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hope you ordered RED

Reactions: Ed Sims

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I purchased my 2005 GT new and gladly paid a premium. Made two people happy, me and the dealer who sold it to me. Haven't regretted it for a moment. I'm the guy who was PO'ed at not getting a allocation on the first round. For good reason i might add. That's history. Received a 2nd round allocation. Will get it in 2021 as a 22 model i presume. Over 6 years of waiting. My 05 is not for sale nor will be my NFGT. Just remember when we pontificate about the morals of someone who owns for 2 years and sells two people will be happy then as well. The seller and the buyer.

Reactions: maxemus

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The 17 heritage at Barrett Jackson 5-Oct, 1.54M

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
The 17 heritage at Barrett Jackson 5-Oct, 1.54M

I think it hammered at $1.4M...with Joey Hands signing it for the new owner.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
BJ prices on website include buyers priemium