What have you learned about your NGT today??

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I have the same issue as Ed mentioned. Also notice occasional clicking sound while car is parked in garage on charger.
Never had it on the charger, which is still in original packaging. Two years plus now.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Duh... drive it near daily, you wont ever use a charger. Saps like us that are stuck living in places when the car sits for months for winter.... Charger it is...

Never had it on the charger, which is still in original packaging. Two years plus now.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I Put it on the charger every day after driving it.
Going on the advice of Bernardo

Attachments

• 1A4CFB0C-32A2-40E4-B4BD-4271C86813E2.jpeg
    1A4CFB0C-32A2-40E4-B4BD-4271C86813E2.jpeg
    553.5 KB · Views: 17

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
I’ve heard too many horror stories of dead batteries NOT to leave it on the charger. In fact, I check that sucker ten times a day and it’s the last thing I do at night before I go to bed. I’m not well ...I know I know

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I too have noticed that the cars "brain" wakes and sleeps what seems randomly. I believe when the clicks happen, the dash screen lights up as well.

I love those sounds.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
My start procedure is I touch the start button with foot off brake. I wait 5 or so seconds as all the whirls, dings, etc sound off along with the screen happenings. Once all is quiet I start the engine. I get a kick out of it every time.

Ed

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Not sure how helpful these tidbits are, but I found them interesting.

You can down or upshift while in cruise control and it will hold that gear even in auto mode. - maybe for those that want to tow.

The alarm is very smart. If you forget to shut a window but still lock the car, the alarm will sound if you just reach into the car. Also works if you touch door handle. My car is in for service and I was testing this out on Kelvin's car for Shmee question and forgot that it will notify you on the App. I think I gave Kelvin a heart attack as his car is here and he is in Hawaii.

Last edited:
Reactions: 07XL0027

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
My start procedure is I touch the start button with foot off brake. I wait 5 or so seconds as all the whirls, dings, etc sound off along with the screen happenings. Once all is quiet I start the engine. I get a kick out of it every time.

Ed
I still get confused with the emergency brake thing.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I still get confused with the emergency brake thing.
I do too. LOL!

Ed

Reactions: knightka

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I learned that if if you make one full turn counter clockwise on the rubber stops on the trunk it will close and latch much easier

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What does that mean?

Reactions: Ed Sims

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I’ve heard too many horror stories of dead batteries NOT to leave it on the charger. In fact, I check that sucker ten times a day and it’s the last thing I do at night before I go to bed. I’m not well ...I know I know

You're not alone 😆

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ditto
I tender my GT when I park it for the day

Last edited:

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
When should the Performance Shift Indicator lights on the steering wheel be active? Does it depend on what drive mode you are in? I've tried both auto and always on settings in the menu, but they don't show anything while driving. They only light up and then off when I make a menu change. Could it be they only active in the manual shift mode?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Mine work in manual mode perfectly
I must admit I never drive in auto mode so I don’t know if they work in auto mode
Driving manual mode it’s much more engaging

Reactions: Apollo

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Also drive in only Manual and they work but only at upper RPM range.
P.S they cycle very quickly at WOT

Reactions: Apollo

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I’ve learned that my cruise control has a mind of it’s own.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I’ve learned that my cruise control has a mind of it’s own.
We have cruise control?

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, it is named Amy.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
When should the Performance Shift Indicator lights on the steering wheel be active? Does it depend on what drive mode you are in? I've tried both auto and always on settings in the menu, but they don't show anything while driving. They only light up and then off when I make a menu change. Could it be they only active in the manual shift mode?
I drove it yesterday in manual shift both in sport mode and in normal mode. No shift lights coming on!! I'll have to add this to my dealer check list when I take it in. I guess I need to check the cruise control too to see if it is working as it should.