Atlanta, GA
So begins the death spiral...

Reactions: Brombear

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Will you be ordering the rocket thruster option for your new Tesla Roadster?

Ha! Or the flamethrower accessory so you can shoot it out the window and roast the competition at mach 1? Too funny.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Will you be ordering the rocket thruster option for your new Tesla Roadster?

I believe thats made possible with nano technology

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Might want to google the Wall St Analyst in 2001 that predicted Amazon’s bankruptcy.

He worked at Lehman Brothers of all places.

This thread will be truly hilarious in 2029.

The level of negativity for an an American Car company, from car guys,
is still baffling.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I told you so. :giggle: And although TSLA may get a short term bump in stock price, it's headed down to a level at which another major car manufacturer can acquire it. Sub-$100/share.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I told you so. :giggle: And although TSLA may get a short term bump in stock price, it's headed down to a level at which another major car manufacturer can acquire it. Sub-$100/share.

Any guesses who the suitors might be?

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
The only value Tesla has is its brand. They buy their batteries from Panasonic. Their autonomous driving technology is sub-par, despite Musk using his customers as lab rats. Their manufacturing process is a disaster, as is the quality of their cars. And the Model 3 has tarnished the brand because its an any-man car. Buying a brand with $10B in debt is challenging. Space-X is the most likely suitor.
Tesla is the modern day Tucker, stock fraud and all.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Any guesses who the suitors might be?
Won't be Ford--they have the recent investment in Rivian. Won't be GM either, since they already have their own brands. Fiat-Chrysler? What the heck, with Ghosn gone, maybe Nissan? Well, they have the Leaf...

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas

Ford is too busy building lame robots to worry about developing its automotive business

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Curious if those of you putting down the cars Tesla builds have ever had a tour of the factory, owned or driven a Tesla or if your information is coming from someone that has? I have owned 4 Model S Tesla's and have had nothing but good luck with our cars.

The issues we have had were minor. When it was time for a service they actually brought us a loaner Tesla and took our car on a trailer to the closest service department for repairs which were done quickly and professionally.

The fit and finish on all 4 of the Model S Tesla's have been spot on. I am not saying the company doesn't have issues, but to say the cars are a disaster seems a bit out there.

We build zero energy homes in central California and all of our solar panels and battery storage units are made and installed by Tesla. Our homes are also high on the smart home technology scale. We use the Tesla's as part of our zero energy/smart home product advertising to do a small part in helping to cut back on electric power by our customers while saving them money with very low and some nonexistent power bills.

Reactions: Brombear

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Curious if those of you putting down the cars Tesla builds have ever had a tour of the factory, owned or driven a Tesla or if your information is coming from someone that has? I have owned 4 Model S Tesla's and have had nothing but good luck with our cars.

The issues we have had were minor. When it was time for a service they actually brought us a loaner Tesla and took our car on a trailer to the closest service department for repairs which were done quickly and professionally.

The fit and finish on all 4 of the Model S Tesla's have been spot on. I am not saying the company doesn't have issues, but to say the cars are a disaster seems a bit out there.

As you may have noticed, some dislike Elon Musk to such an extent that they are willing to believe fabricated issues about the cars in an attempt to justify their personal feelings.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Won't be Ford--they have the recent investment in Rivian. Won't be GM either, since they already have their own brands. Fiat-Chrysler? What the heck, with Ghosn gone, maybe Nissan? Well, they have the Leaf...

I was guessing a Chinese manufacturer.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The level of negativity for an an American Car company, from car guys,
is still baffling.

Yes, it's truly baffling that some people are unwilling to irrationally pump a company that routinely lies and misleads at the expense of ordinary investors. I'll give any Lehman comparisons credence on that front. I suppose everyone should just join in for the big win, get together with Ross Gerber and Cathie Wood, and separate Grandma from her savings. Would you be negative if you dumped in at $350 because of the funding secured lie?

Here's a super easy plan to ameliorate the extreme negative turn in sentiment: Tell the truth, stop making promises you know you can't keep.

Reactions: Ed Sims and GTMD

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I was guessing a Chinese manufacturer.
Would you consider Apple to be a Chinese manufacturer?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Would you consider Apple to be a Chinese manufacturer?

Hah, technically, yes.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Awsum: I think if you look back through this thread, you will find that few of us have criticized the cars. Instead, the great majority of us are criticizing the company and Musk's excessive puffery that many would consider lying and fraud. I have praised the performance of the Model S, and electric drive in general, and believe that some form of electric drive will predominate the future of our hobby because it has so many advantages. A close friend of mine used to own a P90D Model S, but he got tired of dealing with the company because it look so long just to get parts to fix the car for the few problems he had. He bumped a concrete parking block that broke the lower spoiler, and it took more than 3 months to get a replacement. Stuff like that. So he turned in his lease Model S early and now drives a MB E550. (for more on this, see my post of 25 April 2018)

The value of TSLA has dropped 40% in a few months because investors have run out of patience and no longer believe Elon Musk. I'm just surprised it took this long. It has a lot further to fall.

MTV8: Yes, many dislike Elon the loudmouth and want to see him eat his words, but the problems with these cars are not "fabricated." Tesla has gone from one of the best cars Consumer Reports ever tested, to their "Not Recommended" list. That's not due to febrile imagination. That's due to reports from people who own them.

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I am in no way standing up for Musk. I agree he should stop his puffing and misstatements. It surely isn’t helping his car company. All I was saying is we have had excellent luck with the 4 we have owned/leased. I would never buy one... lease only for me. I also hope the electric cars never replace our gas cars that we all enjoy.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I owned an early Model S P85 for over 5 years. 5000’s Vin #. Got bored with it. Had a drive unit fail..broke a transmission output shaft. Car fixed and back to me in 48 hrs with swapped unit. Service was a bit of a headache. Had to call California to set up appointments in Tx, etc. They did pick up my car for each annual service, and gave me a loaner.
My car was primitive compared to the nearly autonomous versions available now. Depreciated just like any other sedan.

Like others, I got put out by Elon’s shenanigans. Sitting out e-cars till I see what Porsche, Audi, and others offer.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...Sitting out e-cars till I see what Porsche, Audi, and others offer.

'A trivial aside...but one that irritates me to no end: According to various sources, the Porsche Taycan won't have the suicide rear doors seen on the concept. Cynic that I am, I'm betting it won't have the concept's 4 race-style buckets and full-length console either.

'All just cosmetic crap to be sure...but, it all contributes to the enjoyment of the car none the less.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Uh oh Tesla on the move again. Hope you short sellers don’t lose on this one. Up around 27 points in last two weeks.

Last edited: