Carlisle Ford Nationals / seeking Ford GT's / May 31-June 2nd

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
As the title states, we're going to do a nice little display of Ford GT's for this year's event. We also have a BIG surprise vehicle coming to the event too - more on this later! More information about this event is located here: Carlisle Ford Nationals.

New in 2019 - Ford GT Track Takeover
Calling All Ford GT and GT40 Owners! Take some hot laps on the Autocross Course!
You saw the GT’s in 2017 when they made the parade laps around the grounds, now hear the GT’s as they takeover the track on Friday and Saturday! The GT’s will takeover the Gateway Classic Mustang Autocross course for a few hot laps each day at 12:30 p.m. as they navigate the bevy of cones on the course. It’s all for fun and the sights and sounds will be like nothing ever seen before at the Ford Nationals. New and Old GT’s are welcome and so are GT40’s. Before and After the GT Takeover the GT’s will be available for viewing in the Ford GT Showcase inside Gate 3.

It all happens starting at 12:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, so don't miss out!

Have a GT and wish to participate in the GT Takeover and/or GT Showcase? E-mail Ken Appell to participate.

Ford GT Gallery Returns to the Ford Nationals
See the old and the new of Ford’s Supercar
When Ford came out with the GT in 2005 most thought the $150,000 price tag was an unthinkably high price. Now people would love to be able to pick one up for that, let alone the new models that go well over $400,000. With the price of these cars many of these have ended up hidden away in garages and don’t see the light of day. However at this year’s show you will be able to see a number of Ford GT’s displayed inside a tent as you come in Gate 3. These GT’s range from stock preserved cars to full blown race cars. From 2005-2006 models, to the latest and greatest new Ford GT’s. This will be a real treat to see the old and new come together for one of the first events since their release to public owners.

Have a new or old Ford GT and want to participate? We have a spot for you! To participate with your GT please email KenA@CarlisleEvents.com or call 717-243-7855 and we will get you setup!

I hope to see some of the gang there!

Life is good,

Lance

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Sorry bud, cant help again this year. Was a lot of fun last year however!

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I have tried for the last 3 weeks to get my GT registered.Contacted and spoke to Ken.He said there was room in the GT gallery but have yet to receive anything from him about some info and registration.I have left messages and e-mails but no response.....

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Hya Lance,

All your events are top notch. The Matech racers are awesome as well. You end up getting a new GT? That alone would be worth the trip. :)🍺

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I have tried for the last 3 weeks to get my GT registered.Contacted and spoke to Ken.He said there was room in the GT gallery but have yet to receive anything from him about some info and registration.I have left messages and e-mails but no response.....

I'll reach out to Ken, please kindly PM me your phone number if you don't mind.

Thank you,

Lance

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Hya Lance,

All your events are top notch. The Matech racers are awesome as well. You end up getting a new GT? That alone would be worth the trip. :)🍺

No new GT here... but something new will be on display that people haven't seen in year (or possibly ever before).

Life is good,

Lance

Reactions: Special K

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Ok, you hooked me........;)

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Here's some pretty cool news for the Ford GT race fans out there... check out what will be on display this year!

We're super excited to have one of the two prototype Matech GT1 cars joining us. I'm eager to have the car on display next to my Matech #60 GT1 car. This will be a killer display... Life is good!!!

Click here for the website info from Carlisle Events.

Below are some pics of the prototype car that will be displayed with my #60. Special thanks to our friend Steven Nesta for the amazing photographs of the car.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
This beauty will be on display during the Carlisle Ford Nationals too... I'm getting excited!!! (can you tell?!) Carl always does his car right!

Reactions: JWZ and knightka

Pantera1889

Dec 24, 2006
Hampstead,Md
WOW! That GT1 car is gorgeous! Will there be any Doran cars in attendance tis year??

Ron

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
This Matech Ford GT1 will be on display as well...

View attachment LEM_8242.JPG

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
WOW! That GT1 car is gorgeous! Will there be any Doran cars in attendance tis year??

Ron

Ron,

Unfortunately they weren't able to make it this year. Although next year I bet we can twist their arm :)

Big plans for 2020 at the Carlisle Ford Nationals with the anniversary for the Ford GT.

Life is good,

Lance

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Screenshot_20190510-161813_Samsung Internet.jpgThe Matech's are among the best looking '05-'06 cars in existence! A big thank you to this Forum for allowing us to co-sponsor the cars. Each time I see them I really enjoy looking at the B-pillars and remembering the exciting times we had watching the cars race and win! Have a great event Lance! Wish I could be there to see it again.

Reactions: twobjshelbys

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I agree with you! But then again I'm biased...

Life is good,

Lance

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
nice