NFGT "paint to sample" blues.....

SPI

Nov 28, 2018
Chicago
I have seen some some great PTS/ECP colors on the new GT so far. I LOVE my cars in blue but I am considering ordering it in a blue other than the Liquid Blue.

I have a 911TTS in Sapphire Blue, a color I love. I have a 720S Spider on order in Aurora Blue. I have a '05 GT in the Midnight Blue, but I want something brighter in the NGT. I like a blue with more of a "pop" to it, but not over the top.

I plan on keeping this GT forever, and would like a unique color that I love. Are there any places we can see the GTs that have been produced in various PTS/ECP colors?? Has anyone seen anything in a PTS/ECP blue out there? Thanks for any help!

LOVE the collection of Blue!

Liquid Blue is an amazing color but there are way too many out there already.

I hope that Ford will release some new color options for 2020+ orders and if not PTS is a must.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1997spider

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Oh yeah.... way too many, what, there must be almost a hundred of them! Please......

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Like too many red Ferrari’s?
It is a gorgeous blue, even “ford blue”!
Some people just want to be different, others order because they like it and don’t care. I was told about 1 month ago from concierge, about 20% of orders so far.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Going to be really cool lining up all the blue cars when all said and done. Putting the over / under # on different Porsche colors at 8.

jasonjsipos

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2010
Powell, Ohio
I'm sure I'll look at lots of options, but after spending some time with my new Focus RS, I'm thinking Nitrous Blue would look good on a new GT.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I too have an RS. Thought long and hard of doing nitrous blue and add orange stripes for modern rendition of gulf colors. Would love to see it! Go for it!!!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
I'm sure I'll look at lots of options, but after spending some time with my new Focus RS, I'm thinking Nitrous Blue would look good on a new GT.

I also have an RS and thought the EXACT same thing. The color is gorgeous. I agree that you should go for it!

Reactions: Ed Sims

GLH

Apr 19, 2016
I have seen some some great PTS/ECP colors on the new GT so far. I LOVE my cars in blue but I am considering ordering it in a blue other than the Liquid Blue.

I have a 911TTS in Sapphire Blue, a color I love. I have a 720S Spider on order in Aurora Blue. I have a '05 GT in the Midnight Blue, but I want something brighter in the NGT. I like a blue with more of a "pop" to it, but not over the top.

I plan on keeping this GT forever, and would like a unique color that I love. Are there any places we can see the GTs that have been produced in various PTS/ECP colors?? Has anyone seen anything in a PTS/ECP blue out there? Thanks for any help!

Liquid Blue?

200mph

Nov 23, 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
Check out Ford's "True Blue" and Kona Blue". Would keep your color in the "family" and might be just what you are looking for.

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
If I were going to go with blue I would paint it marathon blue. I have it on my 1974 914 Porsche and it is magnificent. Original Porsche color.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
It’s been said here before but it’s worth repeating. Make sure you have an Axalta paint so that the concierge/MM can find it for you. If not you’re out of luck with whatever blue you chose. They won’t paint it

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I was considering RS’s nitrous blue, add the orange stripes and you have updated gulf version!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Mexico Blue GT350 track car I built this winter.Photo May 11, 1 00 51 PM.jpg

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
I was considering RS’s nitrous blue, add the orange stripes and you have updated gulf version!

I think Nitrous Blue would look so good on a GT!

Reactions: Ed Sims