Best NFGT versions/color combos.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
So you’re saying my ECP Mary Kay Pink Carbon Series with Orange Accent Package might not be picked by anyone else?

W00T! I’m in! You guys will be so jealous of my long-term appreciation.

Haha
It’s like the old saying. No one thinks they have ugly children, but we all know there are plenty of ugly children.

I get that it’s all a matter of taste and personal preference, to a point, but some combos are a crime against nature.

Reactions: ENZO BTR

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I always joked "i dont care what color, I'd take one in hot pink, all I care is I get one!" So first, congrats on getting a car! Second, a color you like trumps all else. Making it rare and valuable is a bonus, not a priority. JMHO. I dont hate your idea of wrapping a car over a rare heritage or something, but my understanding is the heritage cars are done, no?

Also, I will probably spec the carbon wheels and drive alloys on the track. I like that idea if you are going to drive it alot on the street or track. I'd assume carbon wheels are not cheap to replace from a pot hole or brick in the road, but thats what insurance is for too.

Reactions: Alan Brynjolfsson

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
My thing about color is that you could easily make every single GT a different color. That is interesting to me. It is less interesting to see the same thing repeated over and over again. It is especially not interesting to see non-standard colors repeated on a car with volume this low. If you're going to spend the money, take the time and look at a paint catalog. It's not an especially risky proposition as it's very hard to screw the car up with paint. You could pretty much paint the car any base color and it will look cool; the risk is in bad combos (i.e Liquid Red with Orange stripes and orange interior. Why? I think there is a Yellow/Orange in the pipeline too).

Both these cars will be 1 offs. Neither guy really cares about the monetary value, but I think for spending a huge sum of money, it's a lot cooler to know it's the only one.

The subtle variations of doing a slightly different shade or a metallic vs. a pearl vs. a solid are cool IMO. Someday I would like to see a lineup of GTs like the below. Much more interesting than 10 copies of the above.

2018-SH-000-Porsche-Rare-Shades-Canepa-Trevor-Ryan_027.jpg

p.s, I have two very good pinks in mind for anyone with big enough balls. Don't knock it.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
That makes a lot of sense Dave. We need to stop repeating the same "custom" colors. Spend some time looking at sites like this: http://keyshot.axaltacs.com/keyshots/home.html#cat/1/col/1

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
That purple is stunning!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
So you’re saying my ECP Mary Kay Pink Carbon Series with Orange Accent Package might not be picked by anyone else?

W00T! I’m in! You guys will be so jealous of my long-term appreciation.

No need to pay the additional upcharge for an exclusive color, you're in good hands with that one!

Reactions: ENZO BTR

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
IMO, An orange colored car will increase 5X in value the moment you take delivery. All other colored cars will depreciate like an F150.
Faster than an Orange F150? 😜

Reactions: BAT

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
DBK, it’s funny you brought up yellow/orange as I just tried something similar. I went the opposite of what I would normally do, and guess what... It doesn’t look bad!

Attachments

• 15D894DD-4E02-4812-BFEE-E03C9B3B2828.png
    15D894DD-4E02-4812-BFEE-E03C9B3B2828.png
    613.7 KB · Views: 42

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Maybe McDonalds will sponsor you.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I was thinking in and out

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York

Historical Burger King colors?

Reactions: BAT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Hmmm. And I used to think there was not a bad color combo for the NFGT.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I have a friend that is an art director. There really is a proven science behind color harmony and color matching. I'm leaning toward a solid custom color. My top choices have not been seen yet (by me) on a NFGT, but it's possibly just a matter of time.

I want something that will have significance to me, as well as reflect positively on the forum and our members.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Get RED Randy!

Demolition Man

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 29, 2006
danville, CA
is that orange " SIGNAL ORANGE" on the carbon series with silver accents?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Epic Orange, stripe color on the 06 Heritage.

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
Any color can be, it just costs money. I wonder who suggested that? :rolleyes:

I would have definitely paid it but alas the ship has sailed, five times...so far.
Imitation, of course, being the most sincere form of flattery!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Agreed. If you're leaning towards custom take the time to check out color pallets and find what resonates with you. The idea of each one having significance to each particular owner would be something I'm sure Ford and the GT design team would really appreciate. I know I would.

Vince H

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I agree with DBK 100%. I never though of purple for any car of mine until I went into a local Porsche dealer a few weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with a new GT3RS in a dark purple. The NGTs DBK posted in dark purple are stunning IMO. Whatever color you chose will be spectacular but yes please use some taste if you do PTS or stripe/color combos. I have seen a few which are a bit funky. I'm just thankful Kanye doesn't have one yet as I recently saw him in his mat sand color Urus with these old school centerline looking wheels and just about lost my mind!!! :unsure::eek:

Attachments

• 1554484412384.png
    1554484412384.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 19

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Henry Ford (the 1st) would have made it easy on you.

You can have any color you want, so long as it is black.