WHAT A DAY...or two.....

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Chris Callan joined me and a good friend at Multimatic Wednesday. Great day inside seeing K092 and other cars for Forum owners that were either done or in process. What an experience! We spent 3 hours there and got "most" of our questions answered. Pearce was a great host and it was good to have Chris Callan join us as he had questions I had not thought of. We got to MM about 30 minutes late as the area was getting a big snow, about 8 inches. So, by the time we wanted to leave it was a challenge to get transport to the airport. Pearce commented that he hoped he could get the exterior door open as there was a lot of snow piled against it. Got to the airport in time, but then flights were cancelled!! Airport hotels were full so we had to go downtown by train as cabs and Uber waits were "forever" during rush hour with the snowstorm. American had rebooked us for Friday departure, but we managed to get American to find us seats on United and got home late yesterday. What a joy to see my "naked" car after almost 3 years of waiting. As an engineer, I was truly appreciative of the complexity of what is "under the hood" and the processes they use in pre-assembly, assembly, and then testing. Thanks again to Pearce for three great hours in the factory and putting up with waiting for Uber to pick us up as the roads were terrible. As many owners have commented, seeing your car makes it "real" and so begins the "long" wait for delivery.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Glad you got to see your baby and made it home safely! Congratulations!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Happy for you Jack! Glad to hear you were in good company!
Epic experience Ford gives us eh?

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Thanks for the invitation Jack, it was truly quite an experience and that includes sitting on the tarmac at 12:30 am getting deiced. When you see the GT with its skin off, you can’t imagine how the engineers could possibly fit another part under there. Every nook and cranny serves a purpose or has a part installed in it. It is a definite must see to truly understand and appreciate the genius that went into designing and building the GT.

Reactions: Special K

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We too had an extra day added because of snow, back in 2018. Cost us going to an AFC championship game.

One thing is for sure. Anyone that goes, no matter what happens, is beyond thrilled that they did.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Awesome Jack!!! Happy for you! !

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I know it's been a long wait for you Jack.

Especially when you were on the "wait" list rather than the "confirmed".

Glad it finally came for you. Can't wait to see how you spec'd it out.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Jack what specs?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
It wont be long now my friend. Very happy for you.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Congrats Jack!
What an experience.
I will unload her anytime you are not around.....