Pulley upgrade

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
Does anyone know anything about the pulley from Steeda, is anyone using one for there Ford GT, and how does it compare to others...

Also what size pulley is the most popular.....

Thanks

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I bought the car key fob from Steeda... Didn't work, no return - ba$tards!:thumbsdow

From what I've seen Heffner has the most banked on pulley- size is 2.7":thumbsup

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
I bought the car key fob from Steeda... Didn't work, no return - ba$tards!:thumbsdow

From what I've seen Heffner has the most banked on pulley- size is 2.7":thumbsup
So Mike,

Do we have a "turb-in-the-punch-bowl" vendor?

Thanks,

Jay

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
So Mike,

Do we have a "turb-in-the-punch-bowl" vendor?

Thanks,

Jay

Hey Jay, good to hear from ya. "turb in the punch bowl"- I like it! but Torrie, Californicuda, Ripper or Piko6 would have to comment on the pleasure of owning one of those set ups......

Don't tell me your going to make a "nuclear" turbo kit now :banana

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
It is like driving the Star Ship Enterprise as it makes the jump to hyper light speed.

I think the difference between the turbo and the whipple, is that the whipple's power is very linear and pulls like a freight train through engines entire rpm range. Where as the turbo setup grabs in narrower rpm band, but the car and driver had better be pointed in the right direction and holding on when it does.

Joe's car gained 400 whp between 4000 and 4800 rpm. I've been told by people who really know how to drive turbo vehicles(not me), that because of the narrower rpm range where power is developed, that it is very much an art to drive one of these vehicles well, but, I guess that could be said about most performance vehicles.

mike becks

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2006
Dania
Steeda Pulley

[It`s late and I dont have the pulley size in front of me.But what this fgt performs like night and day with thier pully,programer borla,throtle bodies , k&n`sgood tune =643.1rwhp &600.1 tq #`s. I `ve no complaints.