Photos Start on page 4 - AZ Ford vs Ferrari Party/Rally Drive/Premire

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Chip, count me in. I will be bringing a +1 and my 2005 Blue GT.

Thanks for all the leadership on this, Chip!!

David Scholl

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip, count me in. I will be bringing a +1 and my 2005 Blue GT. Thanks for all the leadership on this, Chip!!...........David Scholl

Excellent Daveid, I'm glad you're joining us. I'm going to need the names of everybody "AND THEIR +1's" coming to give to the premiere to give to the studio so would everybody please PM me that info or text me the names of BOTH people coming in your GT to my cell at (602) 430-4877. Thanks!!

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
31 GT's and counting......

Gentlemen,

This event is filling up rapidly and it's going to be a blast. Many of you have attended parties at my home before and if you didn't like it back then...........well you probably won't like this one either!! But if you are a typical GT owner/enthusiast....you'll have a great time. This event only has room for 35 GT's so the next 8 to sign up are in. Everybody else will be hosed!!! I'm confident we'll have 35 GT's at the theater that (true to form) will get there in formation ahead of the Ferrari's!!! Let's roll.

Chip

Last edited:
Reactions: Special K

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
That’s an impressive list!! Wish we lived closer. :(

SexyFGT

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Denver, CO
Chip,

Please add Josie Hendrickson and myself Burton Humphreys in our 2006 Ford GT to your list
Thanks so much for putting this together, I am sure that it requires a huge amount of your time.

Burton Humphreys
2006 Ford GT
2012 Audi R8 V10 6spd

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Bummer, we are not eligible to attend (no car). Enjoy all!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
No car for us either but in for party.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
No car for us either but in for party.

I’m glad you’re coming out.

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
29 GT’s so far....6 spots left!

Gentlemen,

If you miss these 2 days of GT debauchery you will regret it for the rest of the year. You’re not doing anything on November 10 and 11 anyway so get the hell out here! It’s going to be a good time so fire up that FoMoCo two seater and head to Scottsdale.

“Ferrari’s Ass is Mine!!”.....Carroll Shelby
“Another Round of Makers Mark Manhattan’s!!”......Chip Beck

Last edited:

dtomaso1

GT Owner
Dec 6, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Gentlemen,

IMPORTANT INFORMATION......20th Century Fox is doing this premier to gather 35 Ferrari's and 35 Ford GT's in the parking lot of the Cine Capri theater for promotional photos and news media coverage. I was informed yesterday that this luxury theater holds 140 people. 70 for Ferrari drivers with one passenger each and 70 for 35 GT drivers with one passenger each. There are no tickets available for anybody not arriving in a Ferrari or a Ford GT. I protested but understand what they are trying to accomplish. The whole reason they are doing this is to get Ford GT's and Ferrari's outside the theater so filling the seats with owners not bringing a GT or Ferrari would defeat the purpose. I have been contacted by many owners who want to fly in and attend without their GT's. You are welcome to come to my party and on the Monday morning road rally BUT....unless you can find a GT owner with an empty passenger seat I can't get you into the movie. My apologies but I don't control that.

Chip
Chip, count me in for 2 people. Bringing 06 GT. I will pm on names. Thx. Tom

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chip, count me in for 2 people. Bringing 06 GT. I will pm on names. Thx. Tom

Tom,

You are already on the list at #22 Tom. See you there.

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
0 spots left.

Gentlemen,

There are still a lot of local owners in AZ to contact and the maximum of 35 GT's is certain now. If anybody has an empty seat that is coming there are a few GT Forum members that want to attend but can't get their cars here that need a GT ride to the theater to get into the premire. Below is the latest list.

THIS.....is going to be a lot of fun!

Chip Beck
Director of Direction

Last edited:

SexyFGT

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Denver, CO
I am beyond excited.

Few questions.

1. Trailer parking - I am trailering from Colorado
2. GT Parking - should I stuff it back in the trailer each night? I am looking at staying in Scottsdale for about 3 nights
3. Dress Code for the Party, Movie and Dinner

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I am beyond excited.

Few questions.

2. GT Parking - should I stuff it back in the trailer each night? I am looking at staying in Scottsdale for about 3 nights
3. Dress Code for the Party, Movie and Dinner

Be brave, drive it! We are...

(In jest, of course, I understand there are times / reasons trailering has an advantage!)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I am beyond excited. A few questions.

3. Dress Code for the Party, Movie and Dinner.

Burton,

Out of town participants are staying at the Mountain Shadows Resort in Paradise Valley, AZ. Their info is at the bottom of the first page of this thread. Call them and they can probably accommodate your trailer. If not call me at 602-430-4877 and I'll handle it for you. Your GT will be fine parked outside at that resort at night. Dress code for all events is casual. Jeans or khakis & polo shirts for men are fine. Women should wear short, tight skirts and high heels!!!!

It may be cool, especially in Payson during the rally drive so a light jacket would be good. Honestly you'll look fine in just about anything as long as you're smiling. If you need something just let me know.

Chip

Last edited:

SexyFGT

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2019
Denver, CO
Be brave, drive it! We are...

(In jest, of course, I understand there are times / reasons trailering has an advantage!)

I luv driving it, but after this event we will be driving straight to Austin to participate in another movie premier the following weekend.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Craig!

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Chip,

Sounds like a fantastic time. Evelyn and I would love to attend your party. I know it will be the "IN" place to be as it normally is. Unfortunately, lacking a GT of our own, we will have to wait for the public release of the showing. I have watched the trailers of the movie so many times that I almost know the dialogue word for word. I'm almost excited about seeing this movie as I was about being selected to be on the 05-06 build team.

Thank You My Friend
See you there.

Reactions: FGT899

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
This event is now full. If space opens due to a cancellation I'll post it here.

Gentlemen,

The enthusiasm of the GT community is always impressive. It's been a while since 30+ Ford GT's have been parked at my home and it's quite a sight. Going to be a fine time!! See you soon.

Chip

Last edited:

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Mike with Reliable Carriers called me yesterday and asked if he could send someone to pick up my GT today 10/22/19. “Uhhhh I guess”. So Reliable picked it today and they will be storing it in AZ at their Chandler storage facility until I pick it on 11/9/19. Talk about getting an early start. My GT had only been home from Atlanta for exactly one week. See you in 18 days Chip and everyone.

Last edited: