OE "as delivered" FGT brake pads

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I know many of our owners have upgraded brake pads, rotors and/or total systems. In my tracking experience I have been quite happy with the original equipment pad Ford installed on the car during manufacture.

Any of you owners who happen to have the originals around (either fronts, rears or both) and be willing to part with them I would appreciate a PM.

Note, I am really looking for the "original" pads shipped with the car from Ford. Somewhere in a previous post I recall someone stating that the replacement pad available through ford parts is (or was) not the same pad (for whatever reason) than that shipped on the car new.

Thanks!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I know it's not what you are asking for, but I switched to a MinTec pad suggested by Kyle Millen at Stillen. It is a great pad for street and track.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Bill - I still have my originals, although they are probably at about 60% now with 49,000 miles on the car, so I guess I'll keep them. I do have the Wally's Ti Backing Plates behind them. The only thing I have against the originals is the amount of brake dust they seem to generate.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The only thing I have against the originals is the amount of brake dust they seem to generate.

+1 :bored

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, ha, I have new originals still in mailing package I bought in 2006. Let's see - how about $4000.00? That's all 4 wheels (actual cost was $400).

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Frankie.....2:45 AM....??? Get a life!!! At $4K I would take KJRGT's suggestion of the MinTec.

Ralph, Where did you get the titanium backing plates? Do they really impede heat flow from the pad into the caliper? I always appreciate your technical inputs.

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Ha, ha, I have new originals still in mailing package I bought in 2006. Let's see - how about $4000.00? That's all 4 wheels (actual cost was $400).
That's what I like about you Frank, you are never self-serving!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ralph, Where did you get the titanium backing plates? Do they really impede heat flow from the pad into the caliper? I always appreciate your technical inputs.

Bill -

I got them from Wally Rust -

http://www.fordgtparts.com/servlet/the-32/GT-specific-Titanium-Shim/Detail

I have no technical data regarding their heat transfer characteristics, but figured it wouldn't hurt. The theory seems sound.

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Ralph, nice pictures!
Thanks, I will contact them.