Xm Radio

mike

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2005
GEORGIA
Ok Folks Getting Ready To Install Xm In My Gt, Any Suggestions Would Be Apreciated.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Forget XM....go with Sirrus Radio....more stations, more options....more sports....more of what you want....

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What radio do you have (Mac/Stock)? Are you going to pull it and totally replace, or have you found a way to hook into the units in the car? How and where to are you running the antenna? I know the Mac has an AUX port in the back that should be an RCA plug and you can hook up an I-pod. I'm very interested, so please keep us informed. I agree, Sirius is better, Ford uses it, but you can't get baseball.

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
I have XM in my Denali and Sirius in my Rover...both are addictive and have great programming. I get better reception (less cut out) with my XM in my area.

mike

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2005
GEORGIA
I Have Both Sirus And Xm But Am Partial To Xm, Hell I'm From Ga. Got To Have Hanks Place. I Have Stock Mac, No Dont Plan To Take Radio Out Will Go The Fm Route. Plan To Mount Control Box To Front Of Box Between The Seats. Antenna To The Top Just Above Rear Hatch, Between The Stripes. But Am Asking If Anyone Has A Better Idea.

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
I just had XM put in my Macintosh equiped 2005 GT - I can tell you that it was a royal pain-in-the-ass but these guys at Speedometer Serive Co in Roswell, GA (770) 569 8255 know their stuff - They are the only factory authorized shop in Atlanta - They very carefully took out the radio, the center console and the backboards in order to run the unit from the back of the head unit to the front of my seat.

They put the XM To Go, unit and wires, in the front mesh of the drivers side front seat so all I have to do is reach between my legs (no, not an old Van Halen song) and ease the seat back...........and "poof" the unit is working perfectly!!

The antenna actually got mounted with double side tape in the front of the dashboard/windsheild (right on top) and it looks factory and works like a dream!

The car went back together with not a scratch or a nick and no rattles!

The only downside is the aux out from the XM to go plays lower into the unit then radio and, thus, you have to turn it up to hear it - so just remember that when you turn it off and it blasts your ears because you forgot to turn it down!!

SGB

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Below the Belt - so to speak

between the shift boot experience and your new radio install, there's room enough with this group to start your own touchy feely show. the "poof" must be followed up with a loud sigh. enjoy your music and your GT.