XM in the PM with AC/DC

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
The XM Roady XT comes with a power plug converter as a power supply.

Anyone know of an adapter/harness (etc) that allows this unit to run on a hot lead rather than through the power plug?

(man, I remember when they were called cigarette lighters...hmmm, that was before cigarettes were found to have too much trans-fat.)

- doc

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
eshrink said:
(man, I remember when they were called cigarette lighters...hmmm, that was before cigarettes were found to have too much trans-fat.)

- doc
"STILL SMOKIN" - [Cheech & Chong] - AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
It's the same 12 volt wire, just cut the plug off, put a new fuse in line on the red wire, and voila! For safety sake, match the same amp fuse as the one inside the power plug. Black wire to ground

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Thank you. Unfortunately, this is not entirely accurate. The adapter that plugs into the A/C port converts the 12v to the XM ~5.5v. Thus, it cannot be plugged into the line and must use an inline converter.

The one which I found was: http://www.myradiostore.us/power-accessories/hardwired-xm2go-myfi-airware-tao.html

This device or one like it would enable the use of XM without the use of a "cigarette lighter adapter."

- doc

Last edited:

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
And don't cross the streams.... crossing the streams would be bad..... I'm confused on the whole good bad Ray..........