WTB - Nonworking headlights for 2005-2006 FGT.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Looking for one or pair of nonworking headlights. Would like to look into feasibility of remaking them as it is doubtful that Ford will make them again since the company that manufactured them (Guide) has been sold, resold and dismantled going out of business about 20 years ago. I've given up trying to find the original tooling unless someone knows what happened to the company after it was sold to private investors around 2007. Please PM me if you have one or a set of nonworking headlights that you are willing to part with.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Looking for one or pair of nonworking headlights. Would like to look into feasibility of remaking them as it is doubtful that Ford will make them again since the company that manufactured them (Guide) has been sold, resold and dismantled going out of business about 20 years ago. I've given up trying to find the original tooling unless someone knows what happened to the company after it was sold to private investors around 2007. Please PM me if you have one or a set of nonworking headlights that you are willing to part with.
The company still has the headlamp tooling, FORD owns it.. others and I have talked to them..

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Any idea if Ford has plans to remake them? After Bahadur (BBK) disposed of Guide to private investors then BBK getting acquired by KPMG I see no information about Guide. Do you know who owns the tooling? Are they going to do something with them or just keep holding on to them?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I do know who has the tooling as well as a few others here that know. Most likely nothing will become of it and like most stuff it will get thrown away as it's ford property.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Do you see any issues with independently making the lights if commercially feasible?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Do you see any issues with independently making the lights if commercially feasible?
hard telling.. Anything can be an issue. Do I think it would be an issue NO.. small run of car, no longer supported from Ford. But all it takes is a person to be having a bad day and they could stop you right in your tracks. Many things are reproduced for the car already.. from little stuff to big stuff. I'm having lights quoted state side also as i have lots of pieces both good and bad.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I do know who has the tooling as well as a few others here that know. Most likely nothing will become of it and like most stuff it will get thrown away as it's ford property.

Any theories as to why Ford would not be willing to sell the tooling?

They sold Gen I Mustang tooling when they were done messing with them.

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
We have looked into this with Bee Lighting in the UK who make all the exterior lights for the latest GT. We have had quotes and essentially if we can get the minimum order quantity of 25 pairs they can make them for £9000 per pair. The challenge is to get 25 orders....

Reactions: Redfire03 and 2112

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
We have looked into this with Bee Lighting in the UK who make all the exterior lights for the latest GT. We have had quotes and essentially if we can get the minimum order quantity of 25 pairs they can make them for £9000 per pair. The challenge is to get 25 orders....
Is it with the same HID or with LED technology?

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Is it with the same HID or with LED technology?
This is with a replica of the existing headlamps purely with the intention of continuing supply. Therefore it would be HID - going down the LED route would require development, testing and therefore more time and money.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
This is with a replica of the existing headlamps purely with the intention of continuing supply. Therefore it would be HID - going down the LED route would require development, testing and therefore more time and money.

And let’s not forget registration, a costly hassle.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Leaving them open allows those of us with more freedom to pursue better lighting options.

:cool: