World Championship Linguistic Competition

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Finished and Complete: No English dictionary has been able to explain adequately the difference between the two words.

In a recently held linguistic competition held in London, England attended by the best in the world, Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese man from Bachelors Adventure, was the clear winner with a standing ovation lasting over 5 minutes.

His final question was this.... How to explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED in a way that is easy to understand? Some people say there is no difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED.

Here is his astute answer ....

When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE. And when you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED. And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are COMPLETELY FINISHED!

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Ain't it so. Lol

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Hilarious! Glad I am complete, not finished, certainly not completely finished!

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Well I was Uncomplete, and then became Complete, then Uncomplete again, then Finished, and I am now very Uncomplete and Unfinished again and loving it...lol......

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Well I was Uncomplete, and then became Complete, then Uncomplete again, then Finished, and I am now very Uncomplete and Unfinished again and loving it...lol......

+1

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm not getting into this one, although LIFE IS VERY GOOD and Blessed.