With the deepest Respect

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
This just made perfect sense to be shared.

Lindsay Lohan is 24 and her story is all over the news because she's a celebrity and a drug addict.

Charlie Sheen is all over the news because he is a celebrity and has multiple issues.

Meanwhile...

Justin Allen 23,

Brett Linley 29,

Matthew Weikert 29,

Justus Bartett 27,

Dave Santos 21,

Jesse Reed 26,

Matthew Johnson 21,

Zachary Fisher 24,

Brandon King 23,

Christopher Goeke 23,

Sheldon Tate 27

Are all Marines that gave their lives this week for us.

There is no media for them. Not even a mention of their names.

Honor Them!

AMEN.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
That is a sad, but true, commentary on our society.

I'm not even from the USA, but I tip my hat to the honour and pride that is the Marines. Thank you.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Amen!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
This is why I loath the mainstream media, nightly entertainment shows, and the portion of the general public that knows the name of the Dr. who injected Michael Jackson or Justin Bieber's top ten songs but doesn't know Europe isn't a country or Lincoln was the President during the Civil War. Most watch and laugh at Leno's "street walking" I mostly watch and become nauseous.

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Absolutely correct, Ralph and thanks for bringing us back to ground!
I salute them as well.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Excellent post and message, Ralphie.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
PBS Honors fallen in silence w. name photo each week in broadcast @ 7pm.

Have family in uniform & tour for 3 generations

More must be done

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Only 31 words -- Think about it!

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION, UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

This should be posted in every school in the " USA ."

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Ralphie
Thanks for the concise dose of reality and what we should value.

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
It's extremely sad but true. Unfortunately, it will never change. The price of admission I guess to a free society.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This is why I loath the mainstream media, nightly entertainment shows, and the portion of the general public that knows the name of the Dr. who injected Michael Jackson or Justin Bieber's top ten songs but doesn't know Europe isn't a country or Lincoln was the President during the Civil War. Most watch and laugh at Leno's "street walking" I mostly watch and become nauseous.

Actually, that's "Jaywalking", but I totally agree with you. I don't laugh at the dolts on that segment at all. I both pity them and am disgusted BY them at the same time.

To Justin Allen, Brett Linley, Matthew Weikert, Justus Bartett, Dave Santos, Jesse Reed, Matthew Johnson, Zachary Fisher, Brandon King, Christopher Goeke, Sheldon Tate, and all the others who preceded them and who will likely follow - God speed.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Thanks Ralphie. Unfortunately, what you reveal are actions by those that inherited thier freedom rather than earning it.

"What you don't earn, you don't appreciate. What you don't appreciate, you don't take care of. What you don't take care of.....you lose". Universal classic.

Lets hope enough of our young ones continue rising to the challenge, civilian and military, and the others enough heart to say thank you. Such a partnership is required to sustain a nation and perpetuate its future.

I need a beer.

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA
Absolutely correct, Ralph and thanks for bringing us back to ground!
I salute them as well.

+1

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Thanks Ralphie...

I grow prouder of the USA with every visit to other countries in 3rd world areas. Everyone should experience some time in a 3rd world area to really appreciate home and the sacrifices of those that it took to allow us to enjoy the freedom we have every day.

Last edited:

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
They also used to acknowledge our GI's lost in battle on ABC's Sunday Morning w/George S... May still do that but I can't stand their new moderator...

H

HHGT

Our city displays flags on every light post of local heroes. I attend as many welcome home gatherings as I can and I have taught my children to always walk up to a sokdier and thank them for their service.

Good post Ralphie.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
We are shown pictures most evenings on the news of young British soldiers who won't return..... the sacrifice of our chaps (yours and ours) is humbling.

And you're right, who gives a toss about what celebrity is putting which powder up his or her nose.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Semper Fi, my Brothers.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
marines-bird-flag-pride.jpg

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks Ralphie for the sober and important reminder.

Couldn't you have changed the name of the kid in the comic strip?????