Why i do not follow pro sports .....

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Well, to all my Jets fan friends.....Looks like Sanchez is in for 15 to 20 dooooh:frown....How come joey doesnt watch football anymore,baseball,basketball......... answer
I'LL see them all on "AMERICAS MOST WANTED":thumbsdow
Dallas gives a dog killer a key to the city...nice...:thumbsdow Maybe we should route for the rapist on the steelers.........In the last 40 years I think other than Timmy Richmond...can anyone ever remember such a low standard of players.....outside of racing?
Give me all forms of motor sports and leave me alone.....gtjoey1314:thumbsup

Last edited:

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
Did I miss something? Did Sanchez get in trouble. I agree with you Joey. These guys get away with things that make me sick. I am a Steeler fan but couldn't stand for a rapist (non convicted I know) win the game.

Mike 1599

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Did I miss something? Did Sanchez get in trouble.

Mike 1599

Evidently he...uh...'dated' a 17 yr old in N.Y.

According to reports regarding same, that's LEGAL in N.Y. But, just because something is legal doesn't make it right..or honorable.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Tim Richmand? The guy that drove for Hendrick?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Well ,it looks like he's gonna be lucky because as a junior in high school:frown and possible "16" years old he was lucky since he bedded her down in NEW JERSEY:eek......Supposedly New Jersey is 16 not 17....even though you cant drink till 21? All you guys are right. how did you guys like seeing captain comeback give the trophy out....brings tears, now a real estate mogul, what did he make 50 grand a year? all class. But the real point is now this will be on OPRAH and all our wives will never stop bugging ...why...why...why......
As for Tim Richmond, yes Steve A. he was a total phenom....won everything he drove, but decided to give AIDS to every woman he met and knew it........not good.....
p.s. capt comeback was Roger Staubach...:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
how did you guys like seeing captain comeback give the trophy out...

Did you see Leno's spoof on that lastnite? :lol

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
p.s. capt comeback was Roger Staubach...:thumbsup

Roger Staubach... U.S. Naval Academy class of 1965. Enough said.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
As for Tim Richmond, yes Steve A. he was a total phenom....won everything he drove, but decided to give AIDS to every woman he met and knew it........not good.....

I knew he was gay and died of AIDS but never heard that part of his story.:confused

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I knew he was gay and died of AIDS but never heard that part of his story.:confused

I saw it on 60 minutes about 10-15 years ago......from the victims perspective

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Waldo, he was and is a true american icon, ep didnt see it, steve a...2112 is right there was a movie about it, one of the girls was MISS USA OR WORLD COTESTANT.They were all on stage telling their story about 16 to 18 of them, bad scene...........you would think after all this a guy 24 with 100 million dollars would almost have enough brains to have a handler.....even RED1442, Gino lucci does after all his latest media coverage.......:biggrin:thumbsup gtjoey1314

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I saw it on 60 minutes about 10-15 years ago......from the victims perspective

Wow, that is ugly.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
Not all of the athletes are scum bags. We only hear about the bad ones because those stories sell papers and get ratings. I could list a lot of them that go to childrens hospitals and do nice things for people everyday and they dont want the coverage.

BTW, not saying I am a supporter of Vick or what he did, but of all people the guy paid his debt to society and lost everything for his crime. If he has truly changed we should never forget what he did but applaud his change. We are all human and encouraging change for the good is something we should strive for and teach our kids.

Also, if your life was under as much scrutiny as some of the athletes how would we all of make out.... Think about it.

All of that said, I take professional athletes for what they are, great athletes and nothing else........