Who have you taken for a ride along?

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I've taken a few people, other than my wife, for a ride.

So far everyone just sits there, not a word said.

When we get back I always say "you didn't say wow or anything"

One guy told me, I said wow, we were just going so fast that the sound went backwords.

Another said he was too scared to speak.

Just wondering what everyone elses experience is.

Maybe I need to find more manly friends. :biggrin

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Its not really who have you taken for a ride but who doesn't want to ride. Everyone who sees mine wants to ride in it or drive it.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I have only taken a couple of others for a ride, and they all were impressed.

However, I think the most of the most fun for me (aside from my kid's responses) was this last weekend at a local car show when a 16 year old kid was looking at it. I talked to him and sure enough, he knew all about GT-40s. Since I have been in love with the car since I was 15 it struck a chord and I told him to go ahead and sit in mine.

The look on his face was priceless - that Chesire grin from ear to ear was just a kick to see :biggrin . I think looking at his emotion will be a priceless memory for me - as well as hopefullyfor him. Sometimes those moments just happen and it was great :banana

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
AZGT said:
I have only taken a couple of others for a ride, and they all were impressed.

However, I think the most of the most fun for me (aside from my kid's responses) was this last weekend at a local car show when a 16 year old kid was looking at it. I talked to him and sure enough, he knew all about GT-40s. Since I have been in love with the car since I was 15 it struck a chord and I told him to go ahead and sit in mine.

The look on his face was priceless - that Chesire grin from ear to ear was just a kick to see :biggrin . I think looking at his emotion will be a priceless memory for me - as well as hopefullyfor him. Sometimes those moments just happen and it was great :banana

i can remember when some 20 years ago i was sittin in the seat of an original GT-40 and thinking someday i am gonna get me on of these. well here i am 20 years later and i am still sayin the same thing, lol :lol

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Left the dealership with my 5 year old. and my 1.5 year old has been copilot many times as well. They both have spent 95% of all the time in it...........

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I've only taken my 4 year old son in the car so far - he loved it. I did take an instructor around Goodwood, he liked it too, but we were both quite nervous!! :biggrin 'Too much entry speed..... you made it!' :lol

I took my wife out once in the Murcielago (tricky with two young children to manage) and did open it up. She nearly cried and entered a new word into our lexicon 'Lambolegs' - that feeling when your legs turn to jelly!!

Because she obviously knows the country roads around us, she knew we were heading for a two lane freeway and knew it was going to be fast... she said it was that lovely but terrifying experience of going on a fairground ride with your dad. Safe, but scared!! I did say that I wasn't quite the same as her dad!

So far she has declined a ride in the GT. My fault entirely. I blame Lamborghini.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Neil

If your wife has declined to ride in the GT, who are you taking to France this summer?

Dave

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Everyone who wants a ride who is family and/or a friend. The grandchildren love to be driven to school in it. I can absolutely tell you the moms at nursery school look at me differently and always ask where the car is.

Even the local police want to go for a ride.

Dave

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Dave, Mike (F40, Daytona, 360, Dino, 911RS, 70's 911 lightweight, AC Ace etc) is driving down with me. A complete car nut, collector, musician and greatest pal. We leave early on a Wednesday, I drop him in Marseilles airport Saturday afternoon, pick up hire car and my wife and children - they follow the GT to the house.

It's all figured out....... apart from one thing......

We did it last year in the Vanquish (it worked brilliantly and we had a hoot) but despite our best endeavours I think we looked like a pair of old queens! :lol :eek :eek

Sooooo! This year we're trying to think how he and I travel down looking a bit more manly!! The trouble is that we stay in the nicest Chateaux (seperate rooms of course) but end up eating in lovely but romantic settings - so everyones a couple.... and then there's us.

It's quite funny actually - but mildly irritating!!

IwantaGT

Apr 5, 2006
Texas
I've gotten to drive my friend's GT on a few occasions. It's funny that even when we're at the track people always come by and admire the car. One weekend we had a few kids who wanted to take pics of the car with their girlfriends next to it. Of course we let the girls sit behind the wheel....yes they were cute. :biggrin

One older guy brought his daughter over, she couldn't have been more than 15...really cute girl. We let her sit in it as well and it just about made her day. :thumbsup