Whipple on Order; Questions

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Called Whipple today and made an appointment for an install. Just wondered if any of the faithful who have obtained whippledom would mind sharing their observations regarding the driving experience. How does it feel compared to stock?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
w. mitty said:
Called Whipple today and made an appointment for an install. Just wondered if any of the faithful who have obtained whippledom would mind sharing their observations regarding the driving experience. How does it feel compared to stock?

like a different car... you'll be happy, when is your appointment?

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
I am scheduled for two weeks from today (Dec. 7). Can't wait! I will probably trailer the car to Fresno, it appears to be about 500 miles from my house. An easy one day drive.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Let me know if I can help you out while in Fresno, perhaps we can do lunch etc.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Many thanks -- I'll pm you as the date approaches.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
You know what's kind of f$%ed up. Whipple is actually performing installs, but telling their biggest dealers that they don't have any superchargers to ship, even after these dealers have paid tens of thousands of dollars to Whipple for advance orders. So Whipple has got the dealer's money, but installing them on anyone who calls them up directly. Sounds to me like Whipple has some integrity problems. They're lucky I'm not Ford, I would drop them like a brick. That's bullshit. :frown

Last edited:

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Gulf GT said:
You know what's kind of f$%ed up. Whipple is actually performing installs, but telling their biggest dealers that they don't have any superchargers to ship, even after these dealers have paid tens of thousands of dollars to Whipple for advance orders. So Whipple has got the dealer's money, but installing them on anyone who calls them up directly. Sounds to me like Whipple has some integrity problems. They're lucky I'm not Ford, I would drop them like a brick. That's bullshit. :frown

For what its worth, Whipple did tell me that they would need a bit of time to have a supercharger available for the install. I did not get the impression that they had them on the shelves...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Gulf GT said:

FYI, I negociated to have my big Whipple on my GT for the Rally, obviously that did not happen. Awsum was the first install, I was number 3. It takes cowbells to launch a product.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Gulf GT said:

also,.... Whipple, Kenny Bell, Acufab don't have dealers within hours of my base. I sure as heck don't feel guilty about buying from the factory, nor having my car used (along with Awsum's) for the beta on the tune... :thumbsup :biggrin :thumbsup

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Bony, I have no proplem with you guys getting the chance to have it done. I would likely do the same thing in your position. Just feel Whipple shouldn't be forcing dealers to pay big money deposits, then sneak them out the back door to others. All I am saying is that it's a matter of integrity, and doing business in a proper manner.

hey everyone.....

guess what showed up at our door today? Whoever is local to us and wants to see the brand new Whipple Supercharger 3.3 for the GT come on by!!!!

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
jack@musclemotors.com

http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"