Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
"4RE BTER" or "AWSUM GT"

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I too considered several plate alternatives - many including references to either Ferrari (4RE) or Enzo. Ultimately, however, my friends convinced me that if you have Ferrari on your license plate, there are going to be some that believe that is what you really wish you had. Acknowledging Ferrari as the top of the genre, gives them more credibility than they deserve when comparing to the GT. JMHO.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I say Awsum GT.

My personal fave for the GT is "123IN66".

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
nota4re said:
I too considered several plate alternatives - many including references to either Ferrari (4RE) or Enzo. Ultimately, however, my friends convinced me that if you have Ferrari on your license plate, there are going to be some that believe that is what you really wish you had. Acknowledging Ferrari as the top of the genre, gives them more credibility than they deserve when comparing to the GT. JMHO.

I agree. Being the owner of Ferrari's (previous), Lambo's (current), and the Ford GT, I would say that any reference that makes the car appear like it's competing for position in the pecking order would be a disservice to the GT. The GT is every bit the equal of the Ferrari's and Lambo's. And on a Lambo, I would never have a plate reference a Ferrari, so I wouldn't do it on the GT either.

TRQMNSTR is one that I have considered. But I will probably leave my plate alone.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I like both, but if I had to go w/one, it would be "Awsum GT". The other one reminds me of insecure people that have to put others down just to make themselves look better. The GT stands apart from the other exotics & makes quite a statement on its own (one of the reasons I love just looking at the car).

Plus, some ignorant people might even read that license plate as "Ferrari better" which insinuates that Ferrari is better or that you wish you had a Ferrari. :eek

MJ

rsilverman

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
new jersey
In addition to what Piccola said, I think some people will have no idea what the 4RE means at all, and will spend hours trying to make sense of it.
I always use the KISS principle.
Rob

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
No question - of the two, Awsum GT. :thumbsup