What's the furthest you've driven your FGT?

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Dave I still remember how dirty your GT was!
For Rally 8 we did Houston- LA- Carmel -Sonoma-Tahoe-Salt Lake City- Santa Fe-Dallas -Houston over two weeks. Can't remember the exact mileage but it was over 5K. Very comfortable car on long trips, we found 700 miles a day no problem, gets great mileage too. Stayed in all kinds of places, usually just left the car sitting outside, never any problems. Similar story this year when we drove to/ from Detroit.
Get out there and drive the crap out of it, that's what its for!!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Driven round trip to Sonoma and Vegas from Riverside. Sonoma was by far the farther of the two. That is small potatoes compared to many on here but I can tell you it was no problem.

Vince H

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Seattle-Miami-Seattle a little over 10,000 miles.

Most in 1 day - El Paso, Tx to Jackson, Miss - 1,038 miles.

Miles to date 10/15/15 :
Your one day mileage is more than many have driven in the 10 years of ownership. It's also more than EP has driven any of his cars (toys) in total!!!
I'm no where near the high milers on this site. I've put a little more than 7,000 miles on the car in the 2 1/2 years I've had this one, the longest drive was up to Watkins Glen. The car is a pleasure to drive. I did drive down to Fords at Carlisle, with my wife, limited her to what she could fit on the floor by her feet. That's the lightest she's ever traveled in the 42 years that we're together!!!!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Chips house in Scottsdale to Newport Beach Fairmont...Rally II
andy (ajb)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Now honestly,
Is there anything better than seat time in your GT?????????

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Dave I still remember how dirty your GT was!

That's become a bit of a ritual for us Ron - whenever we do long trips I never clean it til its back home in Houston.
Wonder how cruddy it will get on the Daytona trip?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That's become a bit of a ritual for us Ron - whenever we do long trips I never clean it til its back home in Houston.
we shall see!
Hey wheres my cd?

Tomcat

GT Owner
I LIKE this...I tend to wash at the destination but this has its advantages!

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
I LIKE this...I tend to wash at the destination but this has its advantages!

If I wash at my destination, I bring my equipment with me, but I suspect I will be like texas mongrel, wait till I get back home, because space is at a premium in these cars and having enough clean underwear is more important.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I dry wash so I can do it anywhere.

Ed

PS My longest drive has only been from NorCal to Vegas for 600 miles but I do a lot of those type of drives. That's how I ended up with 50,000 miles on the odo.

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I can confirm he does !

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I go to friends home and wash.
When I showed up at Marks for r10 he had all the wash stuff ready for me!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I go to friends home and wash.
When I showed up at Marks for r10 he had all the wash stuff ready for me!

I did the same thing -except Mark washed it for me! Talk about after delivery care….McGowan's the best.

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake

Ed

PS My longest drive has only been from NorCal to Vegas for 600 miles but I do a lot of those type of drives. That's how I ended up with 50,000 miles on the odo.

I bring my cleaning stuff with me if I am in a vehicle with enough space for luggage and cleaning stuff. Not sure if Ford GT paint is soft or hard. Considering if I am buying black, once I have perfected the paint, then I want to keep it that way, so dry washing is out, if the paint is soft.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

Ed

dry wash? I just repaint mine so I dont have to wash it :rofl

the furthest I have driven was from houston to austin rally then to goliad for the texas mile (made 2 passes and got the record for the day, to the dismay of some twin turbo owners :) then back to austin and finally back to houston with a stop at the sealy race track for a couple of more 1/4 mile passes before heading home. good wknd... then I had to do this..... :willy

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...-been-busy!-lots-of-pics?highlight=front+clip

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...the furthest I have driven was from houston to austin rally then to goliad for the texas mile (made 2 passes and got the record for the day, to the dismay of some twin turbo owners :)....[/url]

And got your hand slapped (for too high a speed), as I recall...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

I think it was a dress code violation not speed.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Its a same you have only been to 2 rallies! Do we have to come back to Texas to see you again???
:-(

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

good times.....

I think it was a dress code violation not speed.

:rofl I have sanjay to thank for that.

Its a same you have only been to 2 rallies! Do we have to come back to Texas to see you again???
:-(

Ive been to three not that anyone is counting Ron, but ya lets bring it back to austin :wink