what year was hydraulic system upgraded and what was done

tonygt

Nov 12, 2021
camarillo californa
when did ford upgrad hydraulic system to improve system performance and Maintenace, system is important on the gt's

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Changes all along the way.

Ed

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
when did ford upgrad hydraulic system to improve system performance and Maintenace, system is important on the gt's
Hello TonyGT, to what upgrades are you referring to ? In the normal 2017 to 2022 cars there has been a few small issues with the hydraulic system and have been updated but as far as I know no upgrades. The only upgraded parts that I know of were the upgraded inner coolers and on the early 2017 they had an upgraded transmission clutch cooler....they are the only upgraded parts I am aware of. Hope this helps.

Joe

Reactions: JWZ

tonygt

Nov 12, 2021
camarillo californa
hydraulic system on the gt is an item that needs to be look at from time to time, it's a really cool system going over other comments this is subject to inspection in the least, thanks for info, just trying to learn on what to do on our 2019 gt and its systems. ford did some changes to make the system easier to service

Reactions: italianjoe

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
@tonygt if your not aware, italianjoe is a master GT tech with a lot of experience with "new" GT's

tonygt

Nov 12, 2021
camarillo californa
thanks for the info, went to Wikipedia. lots of useful for different years info there, always learning or trying too.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Beware what info you find at other sites. Some of it is good, but you don't know with confidence.

Reactions: italianjoe