What Kind of Items Came With New GT

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
I happily took delivery of my new GT last month. I bought it through a third-party dealer, as I had no local Ford dealers available. I understand that the cars come from Ford with two sets of keys and remotes, a trickle charger for the battery, and a car cover with storage bag. A least this is what a friend of mine got with his car. Is this correct, or am I assuming that I should have gotten items that did not come with all cars? Are the rubber-like floor mats the original equipment mats as well? My car, although new, is an 05, number 229.

Cobraman

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Sounds right to me.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Carcover,battery charger,flat fixer with air compressor,2 keys. Mines an 06.

IwantaGT

Apr 5, 2006
Texas
My friend bought his from a Ford dealership as a "used" vehicle and had all the items you listed. He didn't have any floor mats though....I didn't think the GT came with floor mats.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
The rubber floor mats are original equipment.

Dave

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Battery charger? Where was the battery charger located? I ordered mine from the local Ford Dealer and there was no battery charger, and now I am dealing with a dead battery :confused .

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
NJF said:
Battery charger? Where was the battery charger located? I ordered mine from the local Ford Dealer and there was no battery charger, and now I am dealing with a dead battery :confused .

NJF

Some came with one and some did not.

Dave

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
The missing stuff from your car likely has been, is or will be on Ebay.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
The battery tender comes in a small white box. It has a Cigarette lighter adapter on one end and a transformer type plug on the other. It is nothing special.

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
Thanks to all who have replied. Other than the rubber-like floor mats, a key with remote, and the flat compressor, I have not received any other items. Since my friend's car is an 06, I thought maybe he got some extra items that 05's did not get. My seller is checking with the original Ford dealer and they've promised me at least a second set of keys. I don't want to receive anything I shouldn't really get, however. My car is a red one with all options. I was just happy to get one, so color was not the deciding factor on receiving my car. GT's. They look good in any color!

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
there is also a gt coffee table book that comes with the car.
my car cover bag was missing and the dealership had to replace it, list price on the bag was $649. if i remember right.

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
Hadn't heard about the book. What's the title? Withholding these items with the car seems to be a common practice, as my seller has sold five other GT's prior to mine, and got none of these items from the other dealerships. (I like the "Look on eBay" comment the most.) Thanks for all of the feedback. This is a great forum!

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Cobraman said:
Hadn't heard about the book. What's the title? Withholding these items with the car seems to be a common practice, as my seller has sold five other GT's prior to mine, and got none of these items from the other dealerships. (I like the "Look on eBay" comment the most.) Thanks for all of the feedback. This is a great forum!
the book is titled "FORD GT america's supercar returns."

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That's interesting Roccman (Mark), I had not seen the original equipment charger described before (I didn't get one). As you say, I didn't miss much!

Welcome to the Forum Cobra - oh, and, by the way, red is, of course, the ONLY color to have for the GT. :biggrin

[put's tin hat on] !

Pipelion

[put's tin hat on] !

N,

What does that mean?

A

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
I don't know, blue, black, white, yellow, tungsten, silver all look good also.

Dave

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
2005 GT's got the book. 2006 Gt's don't get the book.

Scode

magwheel

GT Owner
Mar 26, 2006
Ohio
Dead battery?

NJF said:
Get yourself a Battery Tender (brand name), hook up the detachable 2 foot cable to the battery (I used cable ties to make solid contact with the battery instead of trying to unscrew the nut on the cable bolt) and then connect your 2 Battery Tender cables together anytime your GT will sit for 3 or 4 days or more. I used the same procedure on the Lambo Gallardo and it seems to work excellent! Michael :wink

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Pipelion said:
[put's tin hat on] !

N,

What does that mean?

A

It basically means put a helmet on - the sort one might have worn in wartime trenches. Saying that red is the only color for the GT is, perhaps, controversial and might have provoked harsh commentary - run for cover might be another expression. Funny if you understand, less so when you don't. :wink

Pipelion

N,

Thanks, makes perfect sence!

A