Weird experience at the dealer today

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
That's a great tale but would still like to hear about the tail you love or better yet, photos. :wink

Whoops! You are right..... Wrong tail uh, er tale.....
My slip!

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
2005 FGT, 2006 FGT, 2009 Mustang and 2010 GT500 on order from Sunrise Ford in Fontana, Ca. If you want straight shooting no smoke transactions, then contact Travis Manning @ SF........GO FORD. GO BLU

Well that's the other thing. I have been talking to Travis at Sunrise for the last week or so going over options, colors, availability, etc. and he has been nothing but professional and informative. That's another reason I was so surprised at the behavior of the local dealer. And I never mentioned to the local dealer that I was already working with someone else. Ofcourse they never gave me a chance. Oh well. Thanks again Blu for the recomendation of Sunrise Ford!

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
In a word, inexcusable.

Let's see the pix when you get it.

Pictures, you bet! We plan on using this car to develop a bunch of new
add-ons and dressup accesories so I will post pics of what we are working on from time to time. But maybe more exciting... I am trying to talk Dustin into letting me fit the new 4.0 compressor on it. Not even sure if it's possible yet.
There are some serious space constraints. We'll have to see.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
I had a similar experience at Village Ford in Dearborn when I was there a couple of weeks back. I was in the lobby looking at the GT500KR and no one even approached me. I finally had to go up to the desk and ask if anyone could talk to me. Very non chalant and it seemed like they didnt want to sell anything. I left without a real conversation with a sales person.

Meanwhile I was in detroit busting my hump dealing with my customers there any way I can to keep my accounts alive and well.

Makes no sense.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Pictures, you bet! We plan on using this car to develop a bunch of new
add-ons and dressup accesories so I will post pics of what we are working on from time to time. But maybe more exciting... I am trying to talk Dustin into letting me fit the new 4.0 compressor on it. Not even sure if it's possible yet.

:eek

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
But maybe more exciting... I am trying to talk Dustin into letting me fit the new 4.0 compressor on it. Not even sure if it's possible yet.

Four words: Hood scoop...plasma cutter. :biggrin

H

HHGT

I wouldn't know, I have a don't ask policy and I have nothing to tell.
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
2005 FGT, 2006 FGT, 2009 Mustang and 2010 GT500 on order from Sunrise Ford in Fontana, Ca. If you want straight shooting no smoke transactions, then contact Travis Manning @ SF........GO FORD. GO BLU

Thanks for this info, will come in handy soon.

Paced

06 GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2006
Naples Florida
Jake,
Mike and I were in the same situation in Fort Myers. They had 5 KR Models. Grey,Black,Red,Blue and Silver. The stickers were all around 47k and all had a 40k adp-additional dealer profit added on. We were in two seperate Lexux SUVs and were not approached. As we finally left a salesman on a golfcart meandered in our direction. To little to late.
Still waiting for the GT Valve covers, no pressure here buddy. Tony/Paced

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm kinda astonished by some of these reports.:eek

Around HERE (unless someone pulls up in a car they're literally LIVING IN) the average person usually cannot place his left foot on the ground before a salesman materializes seemingly outta nowhere. :willy

'Only dealerships I've noticed where the sales people consistantly have an aloof attitude are the ones with a rearing horse or a bull over the door...though I've been in a couple of those where that's NOT the case, too.

So, I guess what it all boils down to is: if a salesman approaches us - he's being pushy. If he DOESN'T - we're being ignored!

Those poor people just can't win no matter WHAT they do!:lol

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Humm... I think any car dealer would be tickeled to death to a have a customer in the building !!

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
It surprises me that so many of you have had that experience! Even when I go to a dealership with high end cars and drive a car that suggests they are well out of my price range, there are usually 2-3 people who come up to me right away to try and offer assistance.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It surprises me that so many of you have had that experience! Even when I go to a dealership with high end cars and drive a car that suggests they are well out of my price range, there are usually 2-3 people who come up to me right away to try and offer assistance.

That's because most of the sales staff are men and you look much better than the rest of us! Of course if Sam shops for BMWs in SF he may get a lot of attention.

H

HHGT

That's because most of the sales staff are men and you look much better than the rest of us! Of course if Sam shops for BMWs in SF he may get a lot of attention.

Speaking of which Smarty Pants, I went this morning to check out a Non-BMW at a BMW Dealership in SoCal. My two boys went with me and both were really upset they did not bring a camera along. Place was full of Queers with bizarre clothing looking at all the convertibles :ack:ack:ack. I could not stop my two sons from laughing so hard.

Thank God I brought the Hand Sanitizer....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Speaking of which Smarty Pants, I went this morning to check out a Non-BMW at a BMW Dealership in SoCal. My two boys went with me and both were really upset they did not bring a camera along. Place was full of Queers with bizarre clothing looking at all the convertibles :ack:ack:ack. I could not stop my two sons from laughing so hard.

Thank God I brought the Hand Sanitizer....

So, So. Cal is not so different from NorCal.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
there are usually 2-3 people who come up to me right away to try and offer assistance.

Well.................YA!!!!!!

Look atcher self in the mirror, kiddo!!!!!:biggrin

H

HHGT

So, So. Cal is not so different from NorCal.

I recently heard that Auto Insurance has gone up significantly in Nor Cal... Apparently the rate of Rear-Enders are increasing:ack:ack:ack:ack

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I recently heard that Auto Insurance has gone up significantly in Nor Cal... Apparently the rate of Rear-Enders are increasing:ack:ack:ack:ack

Mainly due to BMW owners! :lol

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
They don't sell too many BMW soft tops in the UK.