Want to custom order at MSRP

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I am looking for a dealer that has an allocation available so I can custom order a GT. I don't mind paying MSRP, but not over. If anyone knows of a dealer that can help me, I'm ready to buy.

Thanks

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
Thanks for the info.

I was wanting to avoid the hundred e-mails/telephone calls. Getting a car at MSRP is not the main problem. Getting a blue one without the Macintosh radio is.

So, again, if someone knows of an available allocation with a dealer, I would appreciate you passing it along.

Is there any way of finding out which dealers that Ford is going to send out an allocation to?

Thanks again.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
If it can be slightly used, we all know of a nice one in Cincinnatti! :biggrin

Re: a list of Ford dealers with allocations, I tried mightily last year but failed totally. Maybe one of our Ford connections here on the forum can help. I'm assuming you checked with that guy from Sun Valley Idaho who recently advertised here?

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I had a promise from my local dealer. But when sitting down, he told me he could not guarantee he would get another allocation. I told him my first preference is to buy local. He told me to buy elsewhere if I could find what I wanted. Pretty straight up guy, I apprecieated his candor. But by this time I missed the Idaho offer by a day or so.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Bart,

Probably no consolation to you at all, but I assure you that the Idaho car is going to a very good home...

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I'm happy for you, and I mean that. I'll find one, but it will take some effort. :biggrin

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
What color/options are you looking? I'll help.

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
nota4re said:
What color/options are you looking? I'll help.

That would be greatly appreciated.

Midnight blue with optional wheels and red calipers. No McIntosh. Stripes and caliper color don't matter. The main concerns are the blue and no optional radio.

Thanks

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Bart,

We have some common tastes. The blue is great and the upgraded stereo is not.

I found one '05 Blue sans MacIntosh listed for $156K at Burns Ford of Huntington in NY. (Don't know if it's still there.)

Not your preference, but there's a slick looking an all-black, no stripe no Mac car on ebay here.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. Keep calling dealers to find an available allocation.

Best of luck.

There’s an ’05 on cars.com .

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Bart,

If you're still looking, PM me as I MAY have a dealer willing to order/change specs of an inbound car in exchange for a purchase commitment.

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
PM sent!

s420merc

Oct 21, 2005
I know how you feel i have been calling the dealers off ebay and through gtprices to find a dealer willing to order a car that is Blue with White Painted stripes and no MAC. So far no luck i might have to buy a blue through the secondary market or on ebay and pull the MAC.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Bart,
If you haven't lined up an allocation, contact Leavy (Lee Vee) Morgan, in Atlanta at 404.374.0793. He's a Ford dealer rounding up allocations for msrp sales.

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
Thanks Kirby. I just ordered mine last week. I'm sure someone will be giving them a call though.