Want a real GT40?, 1968 MKIII for sale

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Original condition LHD 1968 MKIII for sale. Saw an advertisement for it in Sports Car Market. Supposedly the only GT40 ever driven by Heny Ford II. It appears to be located here in the U.S. Other than a couple fuel related items, looks completely original untouched from 1968.

http://www.morrisandwelford.com/currentoffers.html

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Looks a little like STORMCAT's flaring nostril carbon fiber hood scheme for the GT.

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Original condition LHD 1968 MKIII for sale. Saw an advertisement for it in Sports Car Market. Supposedly the only GT40 ever driven by Heny Ford II. It appears to be located here in the U.S. Other than a couple fuel related items, looks completely original untouched from 1968.

http://www.morrisandwelford.com/currentoffers.html

Oh my. How nice is that.
What's that gonna go for? More than the GNP of some 1st-world nations?
But, one can dream... and drool.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Any time they dont put up a price you know you cant afford it:lol
On the serious side I dont know why they dont have a price up, it would weed out a lot of lookie loos.

cobraownr

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2007
Annapolis, MD
Broker's description for #1106 says "superbly original." Hmmmmmm...... I wonder if they mean "original" before it was repainted (original color was blue), or after? Or before it was dropped onto GT40 Mk III #1101 and damaged, or after? Or before it was flogged in vintage races and bunged up somewhat, or after? Asking price is $1.5 million. Mk III #1101 sold fairly quickly last spring off an asking price of $1.5 million, but had been converted into an ersatz Mk I Race Coupe spec, so was not original anything when it sold. There are a couple of other original GT40s currently on the market that I know about with big period race history. If anyone is seriously interested, PM me.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Bony is finally selling it?

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
I'm bidding on it.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
hate to say it but I like the new and improved version better :thumbsup

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Broker's description for #1106 says "superbly original." Hmmmmmm...... I wonder if they mean "original" before it was repainted (original color was blue), or after? Or before it was dropped onto GT40 Mk III #1101 and damaged, or after? Or before it was flogged in vintage races and bunged up somewhat, or after? Asking price is $1.5 million. Mk III #1101 sold fairly quickly last spring off an asking price of $1.5 million, but had been converted into an ersatz Mk I Race Coupe spec, so was not original anything when it sold. There are a couple of other original GT40s currently on the market that I know about with big period race history. If anyone is seriously interested, PM me.

Thanks for providing some of the missing info. It sure is nice to have another knowledgeable source on the Forum. :cheers

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
hate to say it but I like the new and improved version better :thumbsup

I do to. But someday I'd really like to have one of each - though the SuperPerformance version would be just fine by me.
Then I could actually drive it in only modest fear of ruining it.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California

Wow, I got 2 lessons in this, one of the car, and the other in English (ersatz). It's been a while since I Googled a word for its meaning. I've heard the usage in conversational English, but I guess I had never seen it spelled out.

If I spent 1.5mil on any car, I'm afraid I would be looking for another avatar....