Wake up call - Viper tragedy

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
Hi Guys, I'm sorry to be the one to post this but it comes with good intentions! The Viper Forum is posting another "racing tragedy" on the streets of Canada involving an SRT Viper. We are all a community of sports car enthusiasts and should keep in our minds as well as our friends minds that we are only mortal and our cars are only machines. If we push our mortality or machine to hard, the outcome can be devestating for many besides ourselves.
We all know the inherant risk (not sure if I spelled that right) that comes with driving these cars and in most cases we drive them beyond our limits. Sometimes the cars capabilities will save us, sometimes it won't. In the short period of time that I've been on this board (also a Viper Club member), I've engaged in some enjoyable contact with people who I haven't met but hope to some day. I've met many in the Viper community and although I did not know the victim mentioned here, it could have been anyone of us. It is unfortunate when something like this occurs, but the reality is that it does. We all push the envelope because we can, because these cars make us feel invincible. Remember we are not, we are very susceptible to these occurences because we put ourselves out there. Just a reminder to think twice or look both ways when we're pushing it a little bit. Be safe to all of you guys. BD40 I'm sure I speak for all of us in the GT community by offering our condolences.

Last edited:

agentf1

Oct 21, 2005
This is always sad to hear. As the horsepower you can drive off the showroom floor increases I am sure you will see/hear more of this type of thing happening. Be safe out there. :cheers

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Can someone please post a link to the thread?

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
EE Go to:

www.viperclub.org

Then Forums

Then SRT-10 and SRT-10 Coupe discussions

the thread is labeled "Viper Crash" about 5 down.

Sorry I couldn't attach the thread...

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I feel like I know the GT pretty well by now, but this is a reality check. RIP.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
may they RIP, sad for the familes, there is no place for street racing, none

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Sad story .

70 MPH hardly seems like racing on a highway. Also from reading the thread, he fishtailed when he went to change lanes. The Viper had been in a previous wreck. maybe that had something to do with it, maybe it was a tire issue.

Strange sad story all the way around.

Last edited: