Trying to retain stock look for replacement battery.

dtomaso1

GT Owner
Dec 6, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Is there a ford repacement battery, with new date code, that comes with the ford gt sticker. Or can one purchase the optima, and get an aftermarket gt sticker?

Thx, tom

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If you want the FGT sticker you can buy the battery from a Ford dealer. IMO since the battery is almost never seen, why bother and just get an Optima or Sears Die Hard.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Good question, I need to replace mine soon........

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I highly highly recommend going with the sears diehard. Don't want to get way off in left field here, but putting a replacement Optima battery in your GT is NOT gonna make it more valuable and may even attribute to a possible bad gauge in the future. You can get many opinions on here from different people that may have had experience with this battery or that battery in their most likely one and only GT they own, or you can take the advise of a guy that has had hands on experience with 500+ GTs and replaced atleast 100 batteries in these cars not to mention atleast 30 bad gauges....
Buy the diehard and never look back. Save your original battery and store it away for a later date if you think it matters

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Shelby do you have the spec on the diehard.i.e type that will fit the gt.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
See famous Kayvan's definitive battery list... Part/model#s (bonus NYC black book by pm for donations)

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
We had "bad gauges" until a Sears Platinum 75/86 Perfect since (don't buy from tax dodger/ thief amazon)

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
We had "bad gauges" until a Sears Platinum 75/86 Perfect since (don't buy from tax dodger/ thief amazon)
First time I heard of a new battery fixing a gauge problem.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005

Amazon has seen their evil ways and charges taxes in CA.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
First time I heard of a new battery fixing a gauge problem.

Some owners believe this to be the case because the haven't been any reports of gauges failing after using a Diehard. IMO since the sample size is so small and so is the time those cars with Diehards have been in use, that fact is statistically irrelevant. It's like saying cars using motor oil other than Motorcraft don't have gauge failures either.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I just ordered a replacement battery from dealer. Has the Ford GT sticker. Had good luck with original. I always keep bat maintainer on when storing.

dtomaso1

GT Owner
Dec 6, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks...appreciate the info!

I just ordered a replacement battery from dealer. Has the Ford GT sticker. Had good luck with original. I always keep bat maintainer on when storing.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Has anyone else had trouble getting the Ford GT battery from Ford lately? Ordered mine from the dealer weeks ago. The parts dept guy just entered my VIN on his computer and the system reports that it hasn't even shipped yet....?

Last edited: