Transaxle info for perfectionists, based on an old post...

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
K-P Garage said:
Just had the transaxle plug out and it is different. It has large filter screen on it 2-3" in length and magnet in the center. Did you take that off for the picture? Thanks, KO

UPDATE Thanks to KO for questioning this. There is a magnetic drain plug that is located on the passenger side of the transaxle.

Here is an image of the transaxle filter plug that K-P Garage was commenting about. I have ultrasonically cleaned it prior to reinstalling it:
Transaxle%20drain%20filter%20plug.jpg

Here is the corrected diagram which shows the relative position of the filter, drain and fill plugs for the Ricardo transaxle:
Transaxle%20plug%20detail%201.gif

GTsaver's production magnetic fill and drain plugs have a much stronger magnetic field compared to the stock GT magnetic drain plug.

This was a sample of some of the junk that it had trapped while just driving about 50 miles. Since this is the fill plug (not the drain plug), it was merely picking up debris from oil just splashing around with the transaxle. This can be removed at anytime without losing any oil. I would expect that anyone that installs one of these will have the same results. Note the smooth looking paste around the outside which are microscopic silt like particles. The larger metal particles are retained in the central region of the magnet. I am going to clean this and remove again in about another 50 miles:

Plug%20after%2050%20miles%20MED.jpg

After 40 more miles, note that there is much less debris:
Plug%20after%2040%20more%20miles.jpg

The drain plug on right, is now completed and the results are very impressive. It seems to work best at trapping very fine "silt-like" particles. The fill plug on the left is more efficient at trapping medium to larger sized particles:
Both%20magnetic%20plugs.JPG

Order your set now!

Jay

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Wow,

that looks indeed dramatic. Ha sanyone here ordered these and can confirm the results ?
Not that I don't believe Jay, but I myself learned Marketing as a youngster in a company called Procter & Gamble, world class in dramatizing before and after visuals... :lol :lol :lol

So let's have some 'testimonials' here, and I'll order...

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
SLF360 said:
Wow,

that looks indeed dramatic. Ha sanyone here ordered these and can confirm the results ?
Not that I don't believe Jay, but I myself learned Marketing as a youngster in a company called Procter & Gamble, world class in dramatizing before and after visuals... :lol :lol :lol

Stefan,
I cannot give you a 'testimonial' just yet, but I have ordered a set of these plugs from Jay & expect them to arrive this week.
Going to put on the Ford Transaxle Cooler this weekend, drain & change the differential fluid, and at that time will be putting in Jay's plugs.
I figure it sure can't hurt anything.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
It really helps since Spirit drove to Detroit and back in 1st gear. His tranny needs all the help it can get.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Silverbullitt said:
It really helps since Spirit drove to Detroit and back in 1st gear. His tranny needs all the help it can get.

:lol :lol :lol

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
GTsaver product info

SLF360,

You are correct and unlike what other "sellers" have to offer (meaning, I cannot give you a 100% guarantee that my products will not fail), I must state this;

1. I will give anyone a money-back guarantee on any GTsaver products.

2. What I have observed during testing (on one car only) is the GTsaver magnetic transaxle plugs seem to have enough strength to grab onto the largest sized particles and hold onto them. The factory magnetic plug only works on silt-sized (sub-micron) particles. I am proposing that grabbing onto all sizes of particles is a more optimal situation. Can you just imagine all of those (almost) snowflake sized pieces of hardened steel chips going through the teeth of those gears at 6,000 RPM? Now, one could argue that large particles don't cause enough wear and it's the sub-micron sized particles that cause the majority of the wear. This may be why the factory magnetic plug design was chosen... I just prefer to pull as much debris as possible off to the side and keep my oil as clean as possible.

3. My images are the real deal. I cannot supply you with any professional testimonials. Right now I must rely on good engineering, logic and experience to take it from hear.

SLF360, your point is well taken. So will I must state the following; "The GTsaver magnetic transaxle plugs are not guaranteed to increase the life of your transaxle and could even void your car's factory warrantee".

Thanks,

Jay

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

SLF360 said:
Wow,

Last edited: