trailer hitch

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
i saw a video of a gt with a hitch (for a tire trailer). is that someone here? do you have photos showing how it is mounted?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dave aka as Baron Gt

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
If you look under photos and barondw you will see pictures.

Dave
AKA The Baron

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Yes, thanks for posting the pictures. Is seems that you have to leave the rear diffusor and belly pan off for the hitch. Do you notice any lack of downforce on the rearend?

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
roof rack

How can you put a roof rack on the GT? A full size spare (hell, 2 spares), all my wife's crap, a mountain bike, some skis, one of those coffin shaped containers (2nd passenger?) could easily be carried. Bony? Black Ice? Any suggestions?

Ed

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
looks killer. is it attached at the center or just at the ends?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
How can you put a roof rack on the GT? A full size spare (hell, 2 spares), all my wife's crap, a mountain bike, some skis, one of those coffin shaped containers (2nd passenger?) could easily be carried. Bony? Black Ice? Any suggestions?

Ed

Hmmmm.... Carbon fiber?....:lol

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Yes, thanks for posting the pictures. Is seems that you have to leave the rear diffusor and belly pan off for the hitch. Do you notice any lack of downforce on the rearend?

Not a correct assumption. You are looking at pictures when the car was being serviced and the rear belly pan/diffusor was removed. It allowed a clearer view of how it was mounted in response to many requests.

Everything is in place when the car is not being serviced.

The only mounting points are on the ends as there is no need for a center mounting nor any place to do it.

Dave

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Mousecatcher

Mousecatcher - it was nice meeting you today. I met Gimbal later in the day so it was a Forum day in NorCal!

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Ed

Just wait.. I hear Genaddi is developing a Dump / Flat bed conversion..:biggrin

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Ed,

Simply mount the clam shell upside down using a 4" spacer between the hinge and the rear clam support. Bungie the lid semi-closed using the old latch rings.

Finally, get one of those spider nets they use on the back of pick-up trucks. Should work fine. As a plus you can carry a couple extra race tires in the not upside down wheel well, it is cut out perfectly to hold them. Let me know if you need a discount on the net, I get a good deal on them.:cheers

NOT

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
GT trailer

Stormcat - make that bed conversion in CF & we'll talk!

Hey, has anyone seen those trailers that are part of a car to match the tow vehicle? With all those wrecked GTs out there can't someone convert the wrecked GT into a trailer to tow behind our GTs? At high speed it'll almost look like one GT is drafting the other!

Ed