GT11.jpg

GT12.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Car was pretty good. Rich and Dennis (The GT Guys) added a trans cooler for me this weekend so I figured I had to break it in. The weather was quite warm and by the end of the day the car said "I'm out" and got too hot to continue. I put myself in the smallest (and slowest) run group of the lapping day since it was my first time tracking my own GT (at this track).

Got a couple rides and gave a few rides to a really great driver who was running much faster in his C5 Z06 with Hoosiers. Showed me the line and by the end of the day I was lapping about 5-6 seconds faster than the fellow novice C6 Z06 driver that was there. We talked and neither one of us intended to find out what the limit was because we had no intention of picking up the repair bills. :lol You multi-GT guys can do that for guys like us.

Anyways, the car feels great out there. The tires suck, but all stock tires do. I'm going to get the Penske shocks eventually and it should tighten things up quite a bit. Power is good, steering feel is good, braking is pretty good. Overall it was a great day.

:cheers

Thanks to nthfinity for takin the pics!

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
How did the trans cooler hold up. Is worth getting? How about overheating problems?

I am going to the track this weekend. thx

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
How did the trans cooler hold up. Is worth getting? How about overheating problems?

I am going to the track this weekend. thx

The trans cooler is a must for people who will track the car. It is pointless for people who don't drive hard. I think it's a must for a couple reasons -

• Dennis and Rich told me it is for anyone who gets serious with the car, and they know my driving habits
  • It will help prevent oil from blasting all on your trans case when things are gettin hot
  • When we did the huge road rally in Cali, after several hot desert hours at high speed, everyone without a trans cooler had their clutch stuck to the floor. The general consensus was that the heat in the transaxle and the location of some uber-hot fluid in there was adversely affecting the clutch
The car did not overheat in the AM when the temps were in the 70s. By the time it was in the 80s and the car had been run a few sessions, the last two times I went out, it called it a day after a few laps. Temps got up to 240 and the power went out so I cooled it off and parked it.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
DBK thanks for the writeup and photos. Any graphs and data from the Performance Box?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I used it throughout the day but we're housesitting so I don't have my PC with me. Should have it sometime tomorrow. I'm definitely interested to see how screwed my line was vs. the best instructor. I let him use it as well...

DBK thanks for the writeup and photos. Any graphs and data from the Performance Box?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Dave, I thought you had stock wheels?

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Save pic's 11 & 12 for the next time we go white/blue on the forum header.
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Your baby looks good out there:thumbsup

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
Thanks for the ride, Dave.

When I finally get some time, I'll do some proper editing... After reviewing them, they are a little less sharp then I generally like... but for the third time I used the lens, I can't complain too much I guess. PS still should help them out enough.