Torque your Lugnuts!!!!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Being anal before the trip I checked the lugnut torque. 5 were at 85lbs. They were on the three wheels that have never been removed from the car. All at 111 now.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
More notes on car preparation...

Silverbullitt said:
Being anal before the trip I checked the lugnut torque. 5 were at 85lbs. They were on the three wheels that have never been removed from the car. All at 111 now.
Yes! Anyone planning on driving to the rally should have at least one jack adapter with them in case of an unexpected tire repair. Print the diagram below and carry it with you. For those that have already purchased jack pad adapters, make sure that you carry these with you and that the plastic laminated card is in the case.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769

Lifting%20Points%20updated%20with%20dim%20small.gif

You will also be able to purchase items from gtsaver.com during the week. I can ship via Fed-Ex as long as supplies last. I will annouce how accessories can be purchased at the rally on Monday.

Since some of you are driving long dstances, I can try and be of assistance with troubleshooting problems since I do have the Workshop Manual and Electrical Diagrams. I am usually available from 10AM to about 1AM PST (949) 366-1211.

Good Luck and safe motoring,
Jay Philippbar
www.gtsaver.com

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
DEAR ANALOG. I have a problem even BEFORE I leave for Dearborn. The engine compartment in my GT is so dark and scary. Do you have something to lighten it up? I think we've run out of time. Guess I'll just be force to drive in daylight.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
There coming to rally near you soon!

fjpikul said:
DEAR ANALOG. I have a problem even BEFORE I leave for Dearborn. The engine compartment in my GT is so dark and scary. Do you have something to lighten it up? I think we've run out of time. Guess I'll just be force to drive in daylight.
fjpikul,

You may have to drive there in the dark. I plan on shipping them on Monday to the Ritz at the rally location. Gtjoey will probably assist in the distribution of these. You will have your name on one of these!

More data on Monday afternoon.

A very tired Jay........
www.gtsaver.com
(949) 366-1211

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Finally the belated birthday present arrives! Now I'm even more excited! Bony's avatar has lost my interest.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Rally in Dearborn??? Where can I pick up details? URL?

analogdesigner said:
fjpikul,

You may have to drive there in the dark. I plan on shipping them on Monday to the Ritz at the rally location. Gtjoey will probably assist in the distribution of these. You will have your name on one of these!

More data on Monday afternoon.

A very tired Jay........
www.gtsaver.com
(949) 366-1211

What rally are you talking about? Is there a URL?

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
HHayde said:
What rally are you talking about? Is there a URL?

look in the general discussion topic...it's pinned. :wink

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
fjpikul has engine light #1...

fjpikul said:
fkpikul,

Ther's a rumor going around that there is some guy in Michigan with an exotic looking engine light! Just think, now you're the Saturday "big-shot" of the rally!

Jay
www.gtsaver.com