Took delivery, and a nightmare to go with it.

KERRY P

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2005
YORBA LINDA CALIFORNIA
Finally was able to make contact with the carriers insurance company and they are going through the investigative process. The trucker is claiming no fault and trying to blame the dealer. I have an attorney ready to go to work if necessary. It just shoouldnt be this difficult but it is. Total estimate of damages so far with replacement of rear wheels and tires and detailing is just over 5k.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
KERRY P said:
Finally was able to make contact with the carriers insurance company and they are going through the investigative process. The trucker is claiming no fault and trying to blame the dealer. I have an attorney ready to go to work if necessary. It just shoouldnt be this difficult but it is. Total estimate of damages so far with replacement of rear wheels and tires and detailing is just over 5k.

In the current issue of OLD CAR WEEKLY - AUCTION GUIDE a lawyer who claims to be an expert in transport issues, auction issues, cars that are falsely presented ran an ad. You might want to check it out. I think you are going to have a tough case, issues like venue come to mind. I feel for you.

Feb 14, 2006
I would also contact the broker on this one. The broker does have some responsibility on this problem you have with the company they brokered it to. They should be able to supply you a copy of the contract between them and the transporter that did the work which states them (the transporter) will take care of any claims and that AAA is not resposible for damage done during the transport.

I have done work for AAA Automovers and they are just a broker, not a transporter.

That is a problem with alot of the companies that you contact, they act like they are a transporter but they are only a broker. Once they have your deposit ranging from $50.00-$250.00 they then put your car out for someone else to transport.

I have gotten screwed by 2 brokers in the past. One I had to wait 8 weeks for $100.00 check for a job I did. I had also asked for more $$$$ like $150.00 and they said there wasn't anymore to give. Come to find out they charged the customer $350.00 for the transport, allowing them to make $250.00 broker fee and making me wait for my $100.00.

Also, sometimes you book your car with a broker and it never gets picked up, 2-3 weeks go by and still nothing. You call them up very upset and they say "well, if we bump it up a hunderd or two, that will help it get moved quicker". The reason for that is say they quoted you $1000.00 for a move from Northern MI - South FL. They took your credit card for the deposit amount of $250.00 and the remaining balance is paid COD $750.00. Now, not too many transporters are going to do an enclosed transport for $750.00 that is 1500 miles and with the liability of a $160,000 car. I mean yes, you can make $$$ if you are using a 6 car hauler, but first you would have to be in Northern MI for it to be worth wild, and there isn't too much that goes up there enclosed. Once in FL, there is alot more there so that isn't a problem. I think you get the idea.

Please let us know the complete outcome with your situation and also Good Luck!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Steve T said:
Kerry - These story just make me ill :frown . Take your time and hopefully the paint can be polished out.

bony - Someone is showing his age = "Galaxie's" :biggrin

Hey, be nice to us old guys, I am waiting for the business coupe to come back :banana Meanwhile if you know about a nice '64 - '67 Galaxie Lightweight at a decent price, send me a message.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
KERRY P said:

whats the word??? always interesting to watch a case of dodge ball like this one. hope the cards fall your way.

Feb 14, 2006
What was the outcome with the transporter/broker inregards to the repairs?