Those with 05/06 GTs and NFGT

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Both odometers are at 0. You are heading out for a nice drive that involves opening it up a bit plus country, windy road driving.

Realizing that a new car tends to get the nod, all things being equal (and they never are) which are you taking out and why?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
They are SO different. The NGT is a way more refined track weapon. Its a lot of fun to drive. What is misses, is the analog enjoyment of a car. I still enjoy immensely the 3 pedal experience. And the sound of a V-8.

I have been driving the new one more than the 05, but I think thats because its new.

Be interesting to ask this question ~5 years from now.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
They are SO different. The NGT is a way more refined track weapon. Its a lot of fun to drive. What is misses, is the analog enjoyment of a car. I still enjoy immensely the 3 pedal experience. And the sound of a V-8.

I have been driving the new one more than the 05, but I think thats because its new.

Well said. I agree with all of it! Nothing matches having 3 pedals and i think in 20 years people will be looking for that to reminisce. I know i will. The new one just begs to be on a track and it is somewhat frustrating that it isn't always easy to just hop in and drive to one.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston

I think each will remain as its own representative of automotive history, as have the GTs from the 1960s era. Each is beautiful in its own way, like a child.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
.... Each is beautiful in its own way, like a child.

Are you saying Dr Frank is beautiful?

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Agreed..

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I have alternated every other drive between new and old. If I drove the ‘17 last time I’ll dig out the ‘06 this time. The new GT has not deminished my enjoyment of the old GT. I love dirt biking and snow skiing and my two GT’s are about that different.

Chip

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Chip,

You certainly have an unbelievable choice for enjoyment available to you, and sounds like you are taking full advantage. Keep it up!

I'm betting you'll be one of the guys bringing both to the next Rally. ( I'm available to run errands for you in the new one.)

Also, you are staying up way too late!