The Best Uninformed Opinion - Million Dollar GT's.

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
I haven't travelled the 1000 miles to pick up my GT yet, but the dealer got the local newspaper all excited about a GT arriving in a small town and did a story on my car. (You can read the article in this link: http://winnipegsun.com/AutoMarket/2006/03/31/1513377-sun.html ).

In the article an "annonymous Ford expert speculated the car will be worth $1 million in a few years and should be put away for safekeeping" !!! Needless to say I'm excited that I have made such an astute investment. I'm disappointed that my car will be slower than every other GT though - the headline says my car will only do 0 to 60 in 3.8 seconds not the 3.3 seconds that all the other GT's do. And they say you can't believe everything you read in the newspapers ...!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Excellent! Well if that doesn't get your pulse going even more quickly, then nothing else will!

Will there be a film crew on hand to watch you take delivery?!

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
About the pulse quickening - you have to remember that would only be one million Canadian dollars which means my pulse would only increase by about 85% of what it would if it was US dollars ... :wink No film crews that I'm aware of - I plan to take it out under the dark of night in my enclosed car trailer.

Last edited:

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Is the MSRP really $184K? With only 200 being shipped up North, I guess the 10K markup is in order. Congratulations! :cheers

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I don't think anyone gets 3.3 seconds, that was an early number. I thought the correct 'official' number was 3.7?

Anyone care to set the record straight?

Mine of course will always be a tenth faster since I have the light weight heritage blue paint :wink I was thinking about adding so go fast stripes.

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
Canadian MSRP

ROCMAN said:
Is the MSRP really $184K? With only 200 being shipped up North, I guess the 10K markup is in order. Congratulations! :cheers

The Canadian dollar has strengthened somewhat since the price was set last fall, so in US dollars the equivalent MRSP has gone up a bit. I suspect the majority of the premium is for those very special Canadian bumpers that we have been blessed with.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
CanuckGT said:
I haven't travelled the 1000 miles to pick up my GT yet, but the dealer got the local newspaper all excited about a GT arriving in a small town and did a story on my car. (You can read the article in this link: http://winnipegsun.com/AutoMarket/2006/03/31/1513377-sun.html ).

In the article an "annonymous Ford expert speculated the car will be worth $1 million in a few years and should be put away for safekeeping" !!! Needless to say I'm excited that I have made such an astute investment. I'm disappointed that my car will be slower than every other GT though - the headline says my car will only do 0 to 60 in 3.8 seconds not the 3.3 seconds that all the other GT's do. And they say you can't believe everything you read in the newspapers ...!

congrats on the GT, I wonder if the experts can pick some stocks for me, since I have the GT and it is a sure thing, I could use it for a margin to cover the sure thing stocks they pick...ok? sounds good to me! :banana

Pipelion

Dick,

You're famous, well done. :cheers

I can't believe they stick you for almost $30 grand in taxes though ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek :eek :frown

This whole million dollar thing is funny. If you want a million dollars take the $200 and invest it. If you want to own and drive a totally cool car then buy the Ford GT. If you're smart, do both! :biggrin

Allan

PS That tungsten makes for a gorgeous GT!!! :cheers

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
This whole million dollar thing is funny. If you want a million dollars take the $200 and invest it. If you want to own and drive a totally cool car then buy the Ford GT. If you're smart, do both!>>

I have no doubt that the GT will be a million dollar car- but it may not be until the year 2030. Multi-milllions by 2045. Just look at Corvettes, Pantera, Miuras, Boras- heck, just look at what vintage Camaros and Firebirds are going for now compared to their original MSRPs!!!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Pipelion said:
This whole million dollar thing is funny. If you want a million dollars take the $200 and invest it. If you want to own and drive a totally cool car then buy the Ford GT. If you're smart, do both! :biggrin

Allan

Want to know how I ended up with my first million? I invested 3 million in tech stocks a few years ago. :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
TEXAS GT said:
Want to know how I ended up with my first million? I invested 3 million in tech stocks a few years ago. :lol

Your lucky to have that much left, 1st qtr 2ooo was not kind to tech, was it? :eek

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ok all of this talk about the cars etc, did you all miss this on the same page? If it changes look at the Friday 4-7 Sunshine Girl.

http://winnipegsun.com/SUNshineGirl/home.html

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Specracer said:
Ok all of this talk about the cars etc, did you all miss this on the same page? If it changes look at the Friday 4-7 Sunshine Girl.

http://winnipegsun.com/SUNshineGirl/home.html[/QUOTS
Since you look at the whole page on links, Did you check out the other groups on the GT RALLY MAP site? Some are pretty funny like this one
http://www.frappr.com/crossdressinguniverse