Test mule seen on 405 photo during Rally II

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Here is a photo I snapped of a test mule seen while driving to the hotel.

Attachments

• test car03.jpg
    test car03.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 317

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Test mules can be seen here (SoCal) and in Arizona quite often. In this pic, the vehicle appears to be very well hidden. At other times, the manufacturer has simply used some black tape over the insignia's.

Have you sent this pic into AutoWeek? They like to run 'spy photos'.

BTW - good catch!

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
My office is in Irvine 1 block from the Ford PAG building, and there are many other car manufacturer's offices in that same few square miles of offices. I see these "test mules" all the time. It's fun to try and figure out what they are....

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
2008 Sequoia or 2008 Land Cruiser??? Rear End kinda looks like a Toyota SUV , I would know.

I saw about 10 of what could be G8s out in the middle of nowhere in Arizona on the way to San Fran in February.

Edit: after reviewing the pictures, it cant be a pontiac. really looks like a BMW version of a Mercedes CLS-class.

Last edited:

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
The mirrors look like Ford to me.(except for the round stick-ons) Also looks like a Ford oval under the rear wiper pushing against the fabric. But then again, it kinda looks like a 2009 Toyota Sequoia.(even the mirrors)
12036_LTRYNOJRGWGUZ.jpg

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX
Im pretty sure the Sequoia is designed at Calty Design in Newport Beach just like the Tundra. And Toyota USA headquarters is in Torrance....so, it all makes sense to see one in LA.

I once saw a Cadillac SRX mule masked in San Antonio a few years ago. That makes no sense.