Stock GT suspension?

BasillioG

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2019
Phoenix
I need to raise my car a bit to clear my driveway. Is this the stock suspension? Anything I should be aware of?

My front wheel well to ground is currently 26 7/8 and rear is 28 1/16 so I need to bring everything up perhaps 3/4 of an inch.

Thanks-Brian

Attachments

• susp.jpg
    susp.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 49

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Oooof I cringe at the thought of a higher GT stance, since I think they look better lower than stock, but I digress: The 4G7V-5560-AA7 model in your pic is the same as mine below; sorry, I don't have any info on raising one.

2005_ford_gt_163-4-scaled.jpg

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
You could have adjustable/drop perches, but hard to see lower spring perch in photo.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Depending on where the drive way has the issue , Have you investigated the heavy rubber wedges that can be purchased to “fill in “ between pavement and curb to allow for a smoother “transition?
Several homes in my subdivision use them.
Andy (ajb)

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Add a lift kit? I think a kit was for sale not too long ago too.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
The shock/spring in the pic is stock but it has the adjustable aftermarket perch installed.It looks like from the pic it can be adjusted up at least 3/4 of an inch.I would guess the car has been lowered from stock already since usually thats the reason the adjustable perches were installed.

Reactions: DakotaGT

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The shock/spring in the pic is stock but it has the adjustable aftermarket perch installed.It looks like from the pic it can be adjusted up at least 3/4 of an inch.I would guess the car has been lowered from stock already since usually thats the reason the adjustable perches were installed.

this...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My advice is fix your driveway entrance

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Yes. These “bridjit curb ramps “ are what I referred to earlier and what my neighbors us.
Andy (ajb)

BasillioG

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2019
Phoenix
Thanks for all the input. The issue with my driveway is not at the curb, it's at a break over in the driveway because I'm on a hillside lot and the street is approximately 20' higher than where my garage is located.

Here is a better picture of the shock perch. Someone mentioned that the spring is original to the car and perhaps the shock but the perch had been updated to be adjustable. Anyone recognize the brand? I don't have the wrenches to adjust and tried two different generic sets of coilover adjustment wrenches and cannot find a set with a round peg on the end for these perches.

For those with a recommendation to install a set of Scott Ahlmans shocks, I'm on the list that's 20 deep, likely mid year 24'.

Attachments

• shock 2.jpg
    shock 2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 22

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Will this work? https://www.stage3motorsports.com/803-00-732-fox-25-coilover-spanner-wrench.html

Also, you could just grind down the square peg of a less expensive wrench until it fits in the round hole of the adjuster ring. Lube the bottom of the spring where it contacts the adjuster ring.

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I'd be happy to loan you the tools you need to adjust those perches. PM me if interested.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
It’s not the car that needs the fix!