Stock GT Spercharger

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Will it fit on the regular 5.4L block? My brother-in-law wants to put it on his truck.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Will it fit on the regular 5.4L block? My brother-in-law wants to put it on his truck.

My tuner had the same idea with mine, put it straight on my Lightning. Apparently, though after consulting with James from RWTD Performance, there is big difference in the config(4v vs 2v), making it a difficult exercise, so I never bothered. This is what James told me:

You'd need an entirely new lower manifold setup made to go from the 4V to the 2V heads. You could stick some 4V heads on the Lightning and go that route, but that's yet another big bitch of an obstacle to deal with (tho it has been done).

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Putting it on a 2/3/4valve 5.4 would be next to impossible with out the Ford Gt heads and lower intake which would cost about 6500-7500 by the time you were done. Then the blower is set back really far, if you notice the t.b is behind the heads a little, so the t.b would hit the firewall of the truck.

Hope this helps, if you need a door stop it would work great:rofl

Btw will we see dyno no's tomorrow? Can't wait

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Good info, I love this forum.

I hope all goes well at the tuner and I have the Dyno to post tomorrow.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
You can bolt it on an HP700 merc engine :) If that blower is not working. It is the same as ours. Well they look the same. This I am sure doesnt help

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
You can bolt it on an HP700 merc engine :) If that blower is not working. It is the same as ours. Well they look the same. This I am sure doesnt help

I could use a pair of Merc 700's.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I could use a pair of Merc 700's.

I have 2 99 502 mercs complete with low hours out of a Fontaine. The have prochargers f3m's on them and the boat went 102mph. They will make between 800-1200hp. Blowers are brand new and motors are intake to oil pan with manifolds.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
My wife had a Whipple put on her 2007 F150 AWD Harley Truck. So if you check Whipple for the GT and compare it to the F-150 it should help.

Attachments

• jans sc 07hd f150.jpg
    jans sc 07hd f150.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 236

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
My wife had a Whipple put on her 2007 F150 AWD Harley Truck. So if you check Whipple for the GT and compare it to the F-150 it should help.

See the problem is the Gt blower does not have a removable rear section so you can't change the way the inlet is.

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
I have 2 99 502 mercs complete with low hours out of a Fontaine. The have prochargers f3m's on them and the boat went 102mph. They will make between 800-1200hp. Blowers are brand new and motors are intake to oil pan with manifolds.

I have a 38 Fountain 525/XR's, tired of replacing drives. Next one will be 700's and sixes.

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
I have a 38 Fountain 525/XR's, tired of replacing drives. Next one will be 700's and sixes.

I have a 35' Fountain with Teague 509's (800hp each) mated to upgraded Teague Bravo platinum drives with standoff boxes. After losing one of the stock Bravos I had them upgraded they have held up great so far but the boat is used at 6200' above sea level and I'm pretty easy on her. When used at sea level the throttles must be used judiciously or you are right the drives can go kablammo! The drives are defiantly the weak link but 6's are just lots of $ for a play boat.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

no need for sixes on 700's. alot of extra weight and power loss through those drives which is not needed at that power level. also a total waste of $$$ for that power level. upgrade a bravo X series with imco or teague parts or get a B-Max drive for alot less $$$ and put more power to your prop :thumbsup

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I have a Magic 28ft Deck boat with a 525HP with an XR drive and so far the drive is ok.

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
I purchased the -1 Imco lowers and the gear sets from Bob and improved the lenght of time it takes before the backup drives are needed. The remaining "weak link" now is the size of the bearing/upper case and bellhousing and pushing the front of the case off into the gimble housing. The local lake frequently developes a close together 4' to 6' chop, that is difficult to throttle when the boat bridges two or three waves. :wink

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Supercharger fitment

while the 5.4 block is basically the same other then the alloy versus iron, the fitment issues would be beyond the realm of making sense to try and even using it. the timing cover, balancer, front accessories and belt routing would be so expensive it wouldn't be worth it even if you had all the good upper end parts. a lot of 2003/04 Cobra super chargers get purchased on ebay with people with good intensions on using them on their stock engines. once they get into it, it's quickly discovered the supercharger was the cheapest part of the whole application. just FYI