Stereo Install Ford GT Done - Custom Subwoofer Enclosure

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
We just finished installing another system in a clients GT.

Went all out in this set-up - again a Canadian spec car.

1. Head-unit Replacement (JVC EXAD with 3.5" LCD Display / DVD player / MP3 DVD/ Satellite Radio)

2. Rear View Camera ( Full color wide Angle Pioneer Camera - display wired to reverse switch as well as hidden switch to turn on at any time)

3. ALPINE MRP F450 - 4 Channel Amplifier

4. Alpine 6 1/4" Type-R Component Speakers with Tweeters

5. JL Audio 6" Subwoofer in a custom Fiberglass and MDF enclosure built in the passenger foot-well

6. Custom Trim piece for Alpine Amp

The factory head-unit has been replaced with the JVC EXAD unit.
The factory GT speakers have been replaced with the Alpine Component speaker system
The Tweeters were custom mounted into the doors - following the same specification as the U.S. model GT option
A rear view camera was flush mounted to the rear valence, above the license plate - looks like stock
The Alpine Amplifier is mounted behind the passenger seat - and does not effect seat travel.

The system sounds very clean and crisp - the stereo can be cranked up to full volume without distortion.
We have installed a sub in the passenger foot-well - it really pounds hard for a 6" and does not take up too much room. You lose about 2" of toe room below the dash, but is still in line with the original kick panel. (note in the pictures the speaker grill has not yet been placed)
The head unit is able to tilt for optimal viewing - the head-unit also has a screen saver that matches the aluminum interior.

The rear view camera display is activated when Reverse gear is selected - or with a hidden switch below the steering wheel.

Optional Sirius or XM Satellite Radio is available.

A conventional Flip up display will not work in this car as of the hump in the console.
The rear view camera is a nice to have to help in the rear view and great to keep track of who's behind you
This system sounds much better than stock and allows more enjoyment as it also plays regular DVD's and you can play a burned DVD with over 3000 MP3's on it to listen to.
I-Pod connection is also available.

DSC03293.JPG

DSC03294.JPG

DSC02974.JPG

DSC02975.JPG

DSC02976.JPG

DSC02979.JPG

DSC02982.JPG

DSC02983.JPG

DSC02969.JPG

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very nice clean install.

Just a thought, offer your sub enclosure & speaker as a kit and you'll sell a bunch of them.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow, that's fabulous. Can you please tell us the Pioneer camera you used? I presume it is not sensitive to the heat generated there. Since many of us live in warm climates, that is a big issue. Please try a workaround for those of us with the Mac unit installed (the vast majority of owners). I don't mind my sub where it's at, but that camera is great.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
For those of you that do not have the factory sub, we can offer the enclosure to be sold as a kit. Still have to figure pricing on the unit, but at the same time if you don't have the sub, you are still going to need an amp to power the sub as well as have the wires run - Additionally if you go for the sub mod - may as well put some quality speakers in the car....

In regards to the camera - no issues for Heat/Cold and Water. It's a sealed unit.. can take the highs/ and lows..

Thanks