Stasis Supercharger for R8

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Our installed turbo system comes in at 32,000 and produces 90 more horsepower than the supercharger system. Aside from this, the installation has a much more factory appearance though it does void your warranty. Either way though, you'll still have a great car.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Only a few cars still on a factory warranty anymore, and those that are, are probably trying to stay in a stock condition - just MHO.

A more important factor would be CARB compliance.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Only a few cars still on a factory warranty anymore, and those that are, are probably trying to stay in a stock condition - just MHO.

A more important factor would be CARB compliance.

CARB means nothing to me. :lol My car is a 2009 and has plenty of warranty left, but I am starting to lean towards the Turbo option. The V10 sounds good but is a little too much $.

John

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
If it were between Supercharger or Jason's system, I would definitely go with Jasons TT setup. Not sure what Ralphie is talking about on the Warranty. I would say there are VERY few R8s out there that have run out of warranty. maybe he is thinking about FORD GTs.....

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
If it were between Supercharger or Jason's system, I would definitely go with Jasons TT setup. Not sure what Ralphie is talking about on the Warranty. I would say there are VERY few R8s out there that have run out of warranty. maybe he is thinking about FORD GTs.....

I agree on the TT. Sorry we couldn't get closer.

John

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Im not worried about that. If you go with Jasons TT system, I am sure you will be happy :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If you think about it, what does one really gain by spending $25K - $40K to buy a SPECIFIC brand S/C set-up just so you can keep your Lambo warranty in force (which already costs you "X" dollars in REQUIRED service to keep active anyway)?

Eg: A whipple for this or that car runs about $10K give or take. So, basically, that's what we can "say" a Stasis might actually cost for something like our FGTs (if they were to offer one). Therefore, the $15K - $30K over and ABOVE that $10K for the Lambo Stassis units could be considered the extra COST incurred for the S/C in order to keep the Lambo warranty active...or, to put it another way, you're betting an extra $15 - $30K UP FRONT that you're going to NEED the warranty. What if you DO need the warranty down the road, but the repair only "books" at $7K - $10K? Then the extra money you paid for all that "insurance" faaaaaaaar exceeded your need. And what if you DON'T need the warranty at all...?

'Just something to ponder...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Sorry - my mistake - yes, I was thinking of our GT's -:willy

But CARB Compliance is still an issue...

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sorry - my mistake - yes, I was thinking of our GT's -:willy

But CARB Compliance is still an issue...

Not in the land of the brave and home of the Armadillo. :thumbsup

John

Attachments

• armadillo-7647.jpg
    armadillo-7647.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 66