Speed Vision - Ford GT runing the 1/4 mile before and after pulley/snout and tune

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nice video. I wonder why they claimed you couldn't just pulley the stock supercharger snout? I'd have to say 95% of the GTs I know of that are running a pulley/tune are running with a stock snout.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, that's weird. I'd say it's more like 98%, and the cars at SVT ran smaller pulleys all through development. Someone was trying to sell blower snouts. I went the exact same mph without it...or the TB, or the tailwind, or a pro drag racer, or the air inlet support :lol

That said I've now got the Accufab air inlet and will probably add the TB and definitely their radiator hose springs in the spring...

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Hey Dave, speaking of radiator hose springs, out of your list that's the only item I've yet to install. I certainly could've missed it but I've not read anything definitive or conclusive regarding collapsing radiator hoses. I've read some posts on the matter but don't recall any conclusions/proof. Did I miss it?

K

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hey Dave, speaking of radiator hose springs, out of your list that's the only item I've yet to install. I certainly could've missed it but I've not read anything definitive or conclusive regarding collapsing radiator hoses. I've read some posts on the matter but don't recall any conclusions/proof. Did I miss it?

K

There really wasn't that much discussion on it, but I talked to a couple people about it who worked on the car and they seemed to think it would cure some of the heating probs. I wouldn't bother if you're just doing street driving, but after enough sessions on the track my car was just begging for mercy, so I think it's a good idea.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

K

I remember SOMEBODY posting that the 'springs didn't change a thing as far as his particular car was concerned. I think he'd added water wetter at the same time too.

I KNOW that's posted on one of the threads somewhere.

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA

Is 10.97 @ 133mph about the fastest that most GT owners get with that upgrade.
I have somewhat the same upgrades (less throttle body & snout) + Ford exhaust, and I feel that I can get the car to run quicker then that .

Have not had a chance yet, but maybe in a week or two, I will post time slip if I get a chance to go.

My early prediction 10.91 @ 137mph:willy

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
There really wasn't that much discussion on it, but I talked to a couple people about it who worked on the car and they seemed to think it would cure some of the heating probs. I wouldn't bother if you're just doing street driving, but after enough sessions on the track my car was just begging for mercy, so I think it's a good idea.

At the track my GT, actually all the GT's, were pushing 240 deg. I'm hoping this is the fix. I will know next couple weeks.

What temps were you running?

I din't know you were a track enthusiast? My two GT's are friggin dirt bombs now with all the off's....

Last edited:

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
John Mihovetiz drove the car in that video, not too many out there who can match his skill.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i bet that the 650 rwhp and the 10 sec quarter they got were on the 100 octane tune.