MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
http://www.methodshop.com/tech/articles/yeti/yeti2.shtml

I especially like the swatting bloody penguins, longest swat is 1238.3
This is great, I recently joined PETA..... :biggrin

peope eatting tasty animals, wonder what the best way is to cook
penguins ?? barbeque em, smoke them? post your tasty penguin recipes below.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
my best is only 890.7, though I didn't spend hrs on this like you obviously did. :lol impressive amt of blood those little guys have!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
my best is only 890.7, though I didn't spend hrs on this like you obviously did. :lol impressive amt of blood those little guys have!

I understand Dr. Panoz just bought a race track in Antartica and one of the special treats is that a penguin matting path crosses the track and there is on site track betting to see how many of the little penguins get hit by the racers.
Rumor has it you are arranging a track day there... confess, any truth to that rumor?? :cheers :banana :cheers

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
bony said:
I understand Dr. Panoz just bought a race track in Antartica and one of the special treats is that a penguin matting path crosses the track and there is on site track betting to see how many of the little penguins get hit by the racers.
Rumor has it you are arranging a track day there... confess, any truth to that rumor?? :cheers :banana :cheers

Yes. It is a take off on the famous Ice Racing in Canada:
http://www.casc.on.ca/iceRacing.php

The new track is called "Slip & Slide" & is made entirely of ice. The track is lined by snowbanks, with a few "outs" consisting of thick soft snow around the sharp turns. There are two areas of penguin crossing. :biggrin The first is on the straight. You can tell where it is from the red streak on the track. The second is coming off of turn 3. As cars come around the turn & try to hit the penguin, they usually end up spinning out of control & sliding off into the snow. :eek This makes the penguins happy. They get excited and over confident. By the time they hobble over to the straight, the car (now snowcovered) is back on the track & if he can keep the car in a straight line, the poor penguin is toast. :thumbsup

There are different types of bets that can be made depending on where you think the driver will hit the penguin. So far, only 3 drivers have managed to hit a penguin on turn 3. Perhaps once the GTs hit the track, these numbers will improve.

There are several companies working on GT mods for this race. Ice tires (estimated at $2000/tire), a device to keep fuel lines from freezing, & a tracking device to locate any cars that go off & get buried in the snow - or for those all white stripeless GTs that disappear as soon as they hit the track. :rofl

Also, please note that the zamboni comes on twice a day to clear the snow & clean the track. Perfect time for a hot chocolate break!

Who wants to sign up??? :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
Yes. It is a take off on the famous Ice Racing in Canada:
http://www.casc.on.ca/iceRacing.php

The new track is called "Slip & Slide" & is made entirely of ice. The track is lined by snowbanks, with a few "outs" consisting of thick soft snow around the sharp turns. There are two areas of penguin crossing. :biggrin The first is on the straight. You can tell where it is from the red streak on the track. The second is coming off of turn 3. As cars come around the turn & try to hit the penguin, they usually end up spinning out of control & sliding off into the snow. :eek This makes the penguins happy. They get excited and over confident. By the time they hobble over to the straight, the car (now snowcovered) is back on the track & if he can keep the car in a straight line, the poor penguin is toast. :thumbsup

There are different types of bets that can be made depending on where you think the driver will hit the penguin. So far, only 3 drivers have managed to hit a penguin on turn 3. Perhaps once the GTs hit the track, these numbers will improve.

There are several companies working on GT mods for this race. Ice tires (estimated at $2000/tire), a device to keep fuel lines from freezing, & a tracking device to locate any cars that go off & get buried in the snow - or for those all white stripeless GTs that disappear as soon as they hit the track. :rofl

Also, please note that the zamboni comes on twice a day to clear the snow & clean the track. Perfect time for a hot chocolate break!

Who wants to sign up??? :cheers

Love to see the Zamboni run over those little penguins...talk about turning the ice red :frown hot chocolate is for pussies (see Sebring thread for pussy shots), I prefer Irish Coffees (original Buena Vista Cafe - SF receipe only)

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
572 feet on the 5th try