SLR 722 vs. Ford GT

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
FGT has pulley/tune/exhaust/headers and made 642rwhp.

SLR 722 is stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-h2qQNCyv0

:biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Qtr mile in 3rd gear! LUVVIT!

'Wish we kudda seen the E.T. on the 'board.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just in case anyone is wondering, thats the full Borla exhaust. Borla Cat back and Borla headers. It's the best sounding of all the exhausts IMO.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
that GT launched like a jack rabbit!!! what kind of tires was he on and what was his ET and speed?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Just in case anyone is wondering, thats the full Borla exhaust. Borla Cat back and Borla headers. It's the best sounding of all the exhausts IMO.

when you say borla catback i assume you are talking about the the BIG rectangular borla muffler?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The GT shifted into 4th for a short burst which would seem to indicate it was at least in the mid 130's. It went down the track like it was on rails. It sure would be great to get the details. :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's Clax's car, but he doesn't post all that much. Stock tires. My guess is that is a low 11@mid 130's. I've only made one pass and I went through the lights in 3rd at 133mph.

And yes, it is the big rectangular Borla box combined with the Borla headers.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
It's Clax's car, but he doesn't post all that much. Stock tires. My guess is that is a low 11@mid 130's. I've only made one pass and I went through the lights in 3rd at 133mph.

And yes, it is the big rectangular Borla box combined with the Borla headers.

i have that borla muffler on my GT. if i decide to keep it i will do those borla headers when i put a whipple on. but, i think i am gonna take it off and sell it and get an x-pipe because the thing is a major source of heat. i have been told that if you get the muffler jett-hott coated that it cuts down on the heat but i think any reduction in heat that might be gained would be offset by increasing your boost. whats your guys take on that?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
i have that borla muffler on my GT. if i decide to keep it i will do those borla headers when i put a whipple on. but, i think i am gonna take it off and sell it and get an x-pipe because the thing is a major source of heat. i have been told that if you get the muffler jett-hott coated that it cuts down on the heat but i think any reduction in heat that might be gained would be offset by increasing your boost. whats your guys take on that?

You know, honestly, I think the heat thing is overblown. I say that and I personally have a Heffner Exhaust. My car never ran hot when it had the stock box, it doesn't now. The people at SVT kind of tell me the same thing; the size of the box is that large because it's all material to soak trap heat.

Who knows. I think it's a minor difference at best, and you should get whichever one you think sounds/looks best...

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
that GT launched like a jack rabbit!!! what kind of tires was he on and what was his ET and speed?

Hey Freddy,

My car has stock Goodyear's, and I don't know the ET and speed because the track was shutdown at the time we raced. We were allowed to do some passes after there was a drag competition all day. I wish I would have been able to find out my ET and speed.

When I look at the video in high resolution on my Macbook, the front suspension extends very high, to the point where if the car had slicks, the front tires would probably be off the ground. I love the FGT!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Clax, that has become one of my all time favorite videos. Hope you do it again with a time slip. Thanks. :cheers

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Clax, that has become one of my all time favorite videos. Hope you do it again with a time slip. Thanks. :cheers

Cool! It was one of my all time favorite days! Next time, better video quality, and with the timing equipment ON. :cheers

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Clax, that has become one of my all time favorite videos.... :cheers

+1 :thumbsup

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Simply awesome. Lightly modded Gt is obviously very hard to beat. Just hope you don't run into any Nissan Titans. Apparently they can beat anything...LOL....