Shopping for a GT in South Florida

Hugh

Mar 27, 2006
Hi guys,
I've begun the shopping process for a GT. Just came back from Sawgrass Ford. They have a beautiful Tungsten/White striped car on the floor.

I see there are quite a few S. Florida owners on here. Do you guys ever get together? I'd love to take a ride in the car before pulling the trigger.

My current daily driver is a '93 NSX which accumulates about 40,000 miles per year. Are there any of you that see this kind of mileage on your GTs? (3000+ miles/month)

Anyway, it's nice to be here and I hope to be behind the wheel of one these beauties in the very near future.

Hugh

Last edited:

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
My understanding is the highest mileage GT in America has 15,000 miles on it. The NSX is a much better choice then the GT to put that many miles on.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Hi Hugh, I would love to go driving together when I get my car. :cheers

Midway Ford has a Red with White stripes that they are trying to sell for 220K(crazy). The place is a joke .....it's a literal zoo.

World Ford in Kendall (US1 155 street?) has a GT sales guy named Noel that is also trying to rip people off.

Maroone Ford has a Black with Grey strips that is very menacing (this car changes personality with the colors) and I believe they will let it got for sticker (166,945), I can pass on the info from a real good sales person that I talked to.

At the end of the day I went to www.fordgtprices.com and www.autotrader.com and found most cars at sticker , you can get Gary Almond to deliver for $1.10 per mile. Go look at the cars in person and order from the internet is my advice(if you are not given the right price) .

I decided on the GTX1 conversion and I am having Mark get me the car. I am still struggling with choosing the color. Here is the site:

www.gtx1.com

Last edited:

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
The GT doesn't make a good daily driver unless you have a good place to park. You need extra room to open the doors.... and don't want door dings and such.

You don't need a ride in a GT before you decide, a ride will make you want one even more.

Pipelion

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to the forum! My best friends younger brother drove the Gt in San Diego at a dealer. They were charging $150 per test drive.

If you want me to see if I can find the phone number, post.

Cheap flight to west coast $350.00
Test drive in a GT...............150.00
Buying the darn thing .......priceless........... :cheers

Allan

PS My other good friends dads daily driver is an Enzo, his old daily driver was an NSX, I agree with SuperBs parking sugestion, but I think this car should be driven every day.

PSS I haven't even sat in one.

PSPS So what, I think I'm right.

Last edited:

Hugh

Mar 27, 2006
Flying out to California from Florida and paying for test drive is not exactly what I had in mind. :)

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
Hugh said:
Flying out to California from Florida and paying for test drive is not exactly what I had in mind. :)

You looking for new or used or both?

I'll give ya a ride but you aint driving mine!! :cheers

As for a daily driver I could not live with this car. There is absolutely no storage in the car (not even a small box for smokes) and parking would be a slight issue.

Hugh

Mar 27, 2006
Bman33 said:
You looking for new or used or both?

I'll give ya a ride but you aint driving mine!! :cheers

As for a daily driver I could not live with this car. There is absolutely no storage in the car (not even a small box for smokes) and parking would be a slight issue.

I'd love a ride. Trust me, I know how you feel. I don't let anyone drive my NSX.
I'm looking for a new car but if a very low mileage pre-owned comes around, I wouldn't dismiss it. Send me a PM with your number and maybe we can make plans to meet.

Thanks a lot!
Hugh