Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
hmmmmm, we will see.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
This one will be interesting. In light of the fact that Pete Brock designed the Daytona Coupe while working for Shelby American. The question will boil down to the issue if the design has been protected and kept active. You may recall that Shelby already blocked the imports of the first Coupes from S.A., then came to a partnership agreement with Jimmy Price.

It should also be noted that the Factory Five Forum is also being attacked. The owner of this forum is a member here.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
The beat goes on...
I thought Shelby had already won/settled with all the kit car types?

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
At what point does he just let it go? I would have by now.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Everyone has a right to use the court systems.

Clearly he feels slighted, and is doing what he is entitled to.

Fyi, this thread will not be allowed to turn into personal attacks. It could be argued that wothout Shelby Ford would not have been successfu with the Ford Gt40

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It could be argued that wothout Shelby Ford would not have been successfu with the Ford Gt40

Could be argued? Indisputable in my eyes.

I have often wonder why/how these cars continue to use the Shelby name and Cobra logos. This will be an interesting suit. I am a big fan of Shelby so I side with him on this but I hate to see any company crushed by a law suit. There are lots of people who depend on paychecks from Factory Five.

Carnut

FORD GT OWNER
Jan 19, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
One could argue that the so called kit cars actually popularized the Shelby roadster and helped improved the value for Shelby.

On the other hand, most kit car owners can't afford a true Shelby and wouldn't be potential buyers, not hurting Shelby at all.

Not wanting to fuel the fire, I will keep the rest of my comments private.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Carnut,
I agree with all of your points...