Separation Anxiety

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I just put my car on the boat to have it shipped to San Diego so I can drive it to the Rally. I'm worried. What if something happens to it? What if the ship sinks? (I know that hasn't happened - yet - because I can still see it in Hilo Harbor from my window.) What if someone sits in one of the seats and farts? What if a seagull craps on it and I'm not there to clean it off?

On the other hand, having met two Forum members (Kelvin Bloom and Dennis Keck) in person and liking them a lot, I am really looking forward to getting together with many more in Sin City. I am also anxious to shake the hand of Carroll Shelby because he is even older than I and still able to drive. (My first Ford was a 1950 2-door sedan that I bought when it was four years old. Yes, I am that ancient.)

So, if I can sleep between now and then, I guess it will be worth all of the anxiety.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I just put my car on the boat to have it shipped to San Diego so I can drive it to the Rally. I'm worried. What if something happens to it? What if the ship sinks? (I know that hasn't happened - yet - because I can still see it in Hilo Harbor from my window.) What if someone sits in one of the seats and farts? What if a seagull craps on it and I'm not there to clean it off?

On the other hand, having met two Forum members (Kelvin Bloom and Dennis Keck) in person and liking them a lot, I am really looking forward to getting together with many more in Sin City. I am also anxious to shake the hand of Carroll Shelby because he is even older than I and still able to drive. (My first Ford was a 1950 2-door sedan that I bought when it was four years old. Yes, I am that ancient.)

So, if I can sleep between now and then, I guess it will be worth all of the anxiety.

Bear in mind, Dave, that there isn't an import car sent to the U.S. that doesn't arrive by ship! :lol

How many of those ships have you heard of that's SUNK? :biggrin :thumbsup :cheers

("sinked"? Sank"? whatever...)

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Thanks, Empty. I feel a little better.

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
How many of those ships have you heard of that's SUNK? :biggrin :thumbsup :cheers

("sinked"? Sank"? whatever...)

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/080116/ap/d8u772vg0.html

http://www.gear6.net/2006/07/cargo_ship_carr.html

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

YEW AIN'T HELPIN' TH' MAN, JONES!!!! :lol

(Besides, the ship that sank(?) was carrying JAPANESE cars...not a FGT in the bunch!)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I wouldn't worry much at all about the ship sinking, but would worry about something like this!

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=140253&postcount=11

I hope you didn't use DAS!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I hemmed and hawed over taking my car to the rally or not .I didn't take it for 2 reasons ;Not being able to drive her for 14 days at least.
The cost/ time of trailering myself or renting didn't make sense for me.
I know when I get there I'll have wished I did !!!

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
After all of the helpful information I received from you Forum buddies I ran down to the harbor but it was too late to get my car back.

On the shipment back form San Diego, maybe I'll hide in the back seat. Oh wait, there is no back seat.

DLKGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 10, 2005
Southern CA & Hilo, Hawaii
Dave: Thanks for the kind words. Ellie and I are looking forward to seeing you and Pat again.

Dennis (DLKGT)

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Dave, you should've done what I'm doing - flying my FGT in a 747 to LAX. It'll take about 5 hours instead of a week. Kendall will be on the other side to pick it up to Whippelize it, install more Kip CF stuff along with a few other goodies.

See you in LAS.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Kelvin, will your Heritage be flying First Class or Business Class?

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Dennis, will you be caravan-ing from the O.C?

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Kelvin, will your Heritage be flying First Class or Business Class?

Nothing but First for my baby, Dave. :thumbsup

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Nothing but First for my baby, Dave. :thumbsup

At least the seats will be comfortable and the drinks for your girl are free :thumbsup

Hilo, understand the tension in shipping. Wanted to (and fortunately did) find a GT close to home to avoid shipping. I am sure your car will arrive intact and you will be glad to have her at the Rally!! :cheers

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Thanks, Skyrex. I actually did sleep a little last night.