ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

The dream was to build a Mk IV in the same colors and line all 4 up for an even better photo. Up until 2 years ago my business was generating enough $ to possibly pull that off. Then Arizona started the largest freeway construction project in the states history right by my store and cut our sales in half. The project will take nearly 4 years to complete. SO....selling the Mk II was necessary to build the Mk IV. The car did not sell so I won't be building a Mk IV. For the last 20 years Ford GT has made my life richer in countless ways and it still does. Coming up with the $ to buy my '06 GT was a struggle. Buying the '17 GT burned all the cash I had and then some. Then the Mk II. I always found a way, but here my desire has outpaced my ability to pay. As the great philosopher Mick Jagger once said, "You can't always get what you want". I'm blessed beyond measure so my good friends here probably won't be shedding a lot of tears because Chip can't acquire a Mark IV Ford GT! All the best and I'll see you at Rally 14!!!

Chip

Reactions: spartan and digman1

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
No luck with Mrs. Sofia, apparently. I think the fed raising the rate from 0 to 5 hurt things, too. Anyway, well, that stinks. I was looking forward to the Speed Yellow pix. Well, there are certainly worse things in life. Enjoy what you have and look to the future 🍻

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Chip, as the saying goes, "it's a problem you want to have!" You're still a lucky guy, and have been able to buy and drive GT's the rest of us can only envy. And you're a great guy too. How many cars can one man drive anyway?

You'll get the Mk IV eventually. But maybe not in yellow!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, why don't you ask your boss C3 for a raise? Is he even tighter than you are? Get Shesgotlegs to help you coerce him.