Saw a GTX1 on CA-280

Bullitt

Mar 25, 2006
I was driving up to San Francisco this morning at about 7:45-8:00 ish, and on one of the straight parts i saw this really low yellow blur way ahead of me. I thought it was a yellow Ferrari F50, so i speed up to check it out. When i got a little closer i saw that it was a GTX1, there was a white yukon/denali that was ahead of it and over a lane, with a guy in the back taking picture from the tailgate. I am assuming that they are press/plubisity pics. The thing looked really cool, except for the color, didn't care for it. I have a pic on my phone, but i don't know how to post pics. ( :willy ) If anyone wants to tell me how, i can post it.

Pipelion

Bullit,

Page two of "General Discussion", half way down is a thread by kosupply named "Wheels".

Centerpunch tells how to post a picture on the last post of that thread.

Great story of the GTX1!!! :cheers

Allan

PS Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup

toms

Apr 12, 2006
Ron Kimble has the car in his studio until tomorrow when a transporter will take it away. He's had the car since last week. I tried to get the car for the Palo Alto Concours at Stanford's Supercar display, but the car will be dismantled to make molds for the 65 GT's that are being converted. We will just have to do with a regular GT. :)

Pipelion

Welcome toms, :cheers

Is Ron Kimble a photgrapher?

Allan

toms

Apr 12, 2006
Ron can be found at www.ronkimballstock.com. His work has appeared in all the automobile mags and various books. He has been the prime photographer at the pebble beach concours the last couple of years. He did all the Saleen S7 brochures and posters. His work also is seen on calendars. Great car guy.

I have my own pics and will post soon.

BTW a Shelby GT 500 was in SF this last weekend also for PR photos, but was back in Irvine before he could get it in the studio.

Pipelion

Looking forward to seeing the shots!!!

Checked out Rons site, the yellow '57 chevy tail is a classic of his, cool.

Cheers,

Allan